• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i JUS BOUGHT A DUMP

T

televisionman007

well i did get tires on and then switched over to makein my soft top M109 into a hard top. Pics will b on CAN ANY1 PAINT CAMO thread. I did take an assesmenty of what was missing. A lot of lil stupid stuff is gone.

Attachments

T

televisionman007

well i jus had my rad rebuilt for 250 bucks. I pick it up tomorrow and hope to install on sat. Funny thing is i have almost 4 grand in this pig and havent evn tried to start her yet

T

televisionman007

well i got seat pads for the driver seat and a complete bench for passenger side. No install on rad yet, but hooked up a duece to jump her to see if she wood turn and it had a hard clicking and turned 1/4 inches at a time. .Does it need 4 batts or is there a more serious prob?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a breaker bar to turn the engine over. You should be able to get to the bolt that holds the harmonic balancer pretty easy with out the radiator in there. If the engine rotates, you need more cranking amps or the starter is bad.

RAYZER

Ya,when we tried it there were no batt's in the dump and we slaves it off my deuce,with the main switch off of course, probably not enough juice.:grd:

T

televisionman007

Use a breaker bar to turn the engine over. You should be able to get to the bolt that holds the harmonic balancer pretty easy with out the radiator in there. If the engine rotates, you need more cranking amps or the starter is bad.
im gonna try that when it stops raining[thumbzup]

R Racing

If a cummins is Clicking hard and moving a 1/4 inch at a time your not giving it enough juice it needs to turn about 200 RPM to get it fired up. So try 2 sets of jumper cables with your first set, or go out and buy 4 good size batteries . Some people run 2 but I would highly recomend 4 You dont want to get stuck somewere and not have it not start.

T

televisionman007

If a cummins is Clicking hard and moving a 1/4 inch at a time your not giving it enough juice it needs to turn about 200 RPM to get it fired up. So try 2 sets of jumper cables with your first set, or go out and buy 4 good size batteries . Some people run 2 but I would highly recomend 4 You dont want to get stuck somewere and not have it not start.
thanks, im going to buy 4 batts this week and go from there.:D

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Cummins are beasts to start. You will need 4 good batteries with the cold weather, and the cold nature of the 250. My 814 won't work a lick until the temp gauge is above 150. Also check your prime pump for air leaks, and all fuel connections checking for air leaks.
Now once you have her warm, and no air leaks, they are a joy to drive. :mrgreen:

T

televisionman007

ok dump truck update. I got my rad back and found the right nuts to hold it. I even have 2 group 31 batts now. Still need to more.I moved the truck under neath the porch so i could start working on it, I will have it running once i find a fuel line im missing

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks