• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Won A Hardtop!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hardtops, yuck! I'm glad there is a market for them though. I've never had a problem getting rid of them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like tacos, I like 'em hard or soft.

After a heavy fresh snowstorm, I find that driving a truck with a soft top, is like being in a snow-globe! One day, I had the dog with me and I looked over at her and she was all white (black lab) , she had about a 1/2" of snow on her! I had bad windshield seals. And we all know how well the wipers work in a snowstorm, the stroke gets shorter and shorter as the snow sticks, until they stop cycling. I have actually opened the windshield and the rear window, to let it just pass through!

For 2 winters now, I have driven a soft top truck with no heater(yeah, I have other trucks with heaters and some spare heaters too). It hasn't been too bad. I just use my windshield scraper on the inside too. I don't like to sweat...

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sweet. Looks like we need to buy 5 tons now. I have soft tops for the 900 series trucks too. Maybe Clinto would be happy with a 900 series wrecker.
5 tons? Have you not heard Kenny's brake drum story?

Only 5 ton I want is an M62A1 or an M816. Only reason I'd put up with all the weight (and cost) of a 5 ton is so I can move our stuff around. :D

936 = I love the air brakes.

936 = automatic transmission. No way. Automatics are for girls. :p

You've already got me working on like 8 trucks. I can't deal with 9.

Clinto should be happy if he gets a Lego wrecker!
Now why do you have to go and be like that? I thought we were friends. I see how it is.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Not a problem, since your girlfriend buys/owns more MVs than you ! :roll:

I'm surprised she has not bought a wrecker yet( I know, you haven't bought her a diamond yet, either):deadhorse:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dawn is going to kick my arse for this one but here goes. Clinto, if I were in your position, there would be a work slow down until the proper equipment (wrecker) was provided. If your employer, (has you working on 8 truck) has a problem, call OSHA! LOL. Sorry Dawn, couldn't resist. I reckon the price on my camo soft top just went up!

1crook

Not a problem, since your girlfriend buys/owns more MVs than you ! :roll:

I'm surprised she has not bought a wrecker yet( I know, you haven't bought her a diamond yet, either):deadhorse:
You are so right DH. He keeps complaining that he does not have a wrecker, but I don't have my ring yet either. He keeps saying something about he will need to consult with his attorney to work out an agreement. :x

1crook

Dawn is going to kick my arse for this one but here goes. Clinto, if I were in your position, there would be a work slow down until the proper equipment (wrecker) was provided. If your employer, (has you working on 8 truck) has a problem, call OSHA! LOL. Sorry Dawn, couldn't resist. I reckon the price on my camo soft top just went up!
Kenny, how could you? ;) I guess that you have been friends with Clinto longer so I should expect this. Refer to Gimpy's post about no ring yet and you will learn why Clinto does not have a wrecker yet. He still has things that he needs to do too. :-D He is embellishing about the 8 trucks, I only have 5 right now. :x I would not raise the price on you Kenny, I know that you are trying to protect one of your brothers.

1crook

5 tons? Have you not heard Kenny's brake drum story?

Only 5 ton I want is an M62A1 or an M816. Only reason I'd put up with all the weight (and cost) of a 5 ton is so I can move our stuff around. :D

936 = I love the air brakes.

You've already got me working on like 8 trucks. I can't deal with 9.
I did not hear about Kenny's brake drum story. I guess he will have to tell me about it at the Rally.

I know that you want a wrecker to play around with, you don't just want it to move our stuff around. :sad:

Well, this girl would enjoy something with an automatic since I have not mastered the manual transmission yet.

We don't even have 8 trucks between the two of us. I think that you are delusional now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did not hear about Kenny's brake drum story. I guess he will have to tell me about it at the Rally.
Do a search!

I know that you want a wrecker to play around with, you don't just want it to move our stuff around. :sad:

Well, this girl would enjoy something with an automatic since I have not mastered the manual transmission yet.
All the more reason to get some more stick practice!

We don't even have 8 trucks between the two of us. I think that you are delusional now.
Let's see....

M274A5 Mule
M35A2 W/W + dump conversion
M35A2 W/W + bad tranny
M35A2 W/W sprag
M35A2 W/W (6720, the FMS truck)
M35A2 WO/W (Whistler #2)
M35A2 WO/W (gun ring truck)
M35A2C parts truck
M1009

Oh wait, that's 9. You were right, we don't have 8.

We need a DUKW too!