• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Won A Hardtop!!!

shamrock

Me too! I just picked up this truck in Richmond, VA. & top is ripped. Also needs new tires. Does anyone know how to tell what year the truck is? The plate on the dashboard is from 1993 when truck was refitted under ESP contract. I think it's original year might be 1974. Thanks, Patti

OSO

I bid on a top ,stopped at $340.00 Seeing they cost $497.00 new The one I bid went for $540.00. tooo much muluaa!2cents2cents2cents

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really don't know why the price's are so high for hardtops. It's not that complicated of a item. Heck, I paid 600 for a complete parts deuce, much less 600 for a top. New 93 motor for 500. I think they are way overpriced, but people must be willing to pay for them. If they were cheap enough, I'd buy 2 of them.

jesusgatos

Prefer the soft tops also. Especially the newer soft tops with rubber rope, they seal well to the cab. There is no difference in insulating noise or cold between the two.
Hoping that will change after I insulate my new hardtop and install a nice headliner.

Speaking of hardtops, I've got a brand new NOS 900-series hardtop that I'm going to cut down to fit Mah Deuce. That is, unless someone out there wants it and has a deuce hardtop to trade...

AceHigh

I picked up my 3 today. Here is what I learned:

Mine were all manufactured in July 2006 and are in excellent condition except for one that has a little water staining on the head liner inside. It would be easy to fix by spray painting the inside if one wanted to.

I put them on my M116 trailer and it went well except the crates are 2 inches wider than the trailer bed between the fenders, so they rode cocked to one side. No problem.

Made an appointment with Rick yesterday for 11am today. Got to the gate and nothing. Called Rick and got a message to call Kevin, who had no idea I was coming. Fortunately Kevin is really on the ball and took care of business!

Loadout was slow as they had a semi and a flatbed ahead of me. The flatbed was picking up a airport tug and the semi picked up lots of generators and engines.

While I was talking to another guy, I asked if he was on SS. Kevin looked up from his desk and said "Do you know Doghead?" I said everyone knows DH. Turns out Kevin is out of Fort Drum and is apparently there on a temp basis because something or someone is screwed up. ;) A great guy to work with.