• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing cargo tie-downs inside deuce bed

Amer-team

I did something similar but used bolted D-rings to catch into the supports underneath. For the center supports that are boxed in, I made tapered square washers so the nuts would seat flat. For the open channel supports, I bolted in an angle iron to stiffen the support. Ran an FEA at work that showed the open channel needed stiffening. The holes are for wrench access.

I use these for chaining logs down, so wanted something stout.

Thank you for the pictures. That is almost exactly what I had done, except we welded them in. and I added one in the center front to use as a pull point.

harry

I used hole saw that was same size as inside of cup then welded the cup to out side of box just welded the 4 corners of the cup (so water would not have a place to sit )
worked well

Harry

Marcel

Have you thought of using a magnetic drill press fitted with a hole saw to cut the holes? You can use your free hand to apply cutting oil while you cut the hole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks