• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance for deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

99dodge1500

Hi everyone I am new to deuces, I looking to buy one, but my real question is insurance. I am 17 and trying to get a deuce but I was wondering if my insurance will make me broke? Could you folks tell me what insurance company you have and what you pay for six months?

Thanks I really appreciate it!

joeypushjr1

well there are plenty of threads and fourms on here do some searching youll find a slue of articles on this very subject.. im with geico i pay a little under 200 in 6mths and im also in my 30s

Sephirothq

I don't know how your state works for titling, but you might be able to get classic or collector or antique plates. If you do go this route the tags and the insurence should be cheaper. Keep in mind there are restrictions. You can't really use them as a truck for hauling or commercial ventures.

It really comes down to what you want to use the truck for.

Parades and shows are one thing and hauling is another.

I had a fair amount of issue with companies not wanting to insure a truck over 10,000 lbs GVW. they wanted a commercial rate for that.

joeypushjr1

look i dont know what all you would like to do with your truck but be care full on how you plate it. dont plate it historic just cause of the insurance price is low cause the first time you help someone move your getting pulled over and ticketed cause you can not do that with those plates.. and some plates like historic and classic etc have restrictions onweather or not you can haul anything or in some cases you cannot drive it at night. look into everything before you plate this thing and call around to insurance companies.... american family ins. has good rates as well....... my2cents

Bighurt

How much does a deuce weight?

Again look at the data plate but for example my M35A2 has a curb weight of 13,400lbs. However registered its 26,700 adding the potential in payload. Not only does a vehicle registered at 26K cost a lot to register and insure it also requires a different drivers lisence in ND.

Now I don't haul but am having difficulty getting it changed so I can drive without a CDL. The problem isn't the intent of use its the capability.

Some states pioneer/historic/antique plates are possible but sometimes difficult to get around.

In ND technically Pioneer plates are for parade/musuem use ONLY...per the NDCC.

Good Luck

TenTires

Gulfway insurance. They work for some folks but from what I gather, Im not the only one. They are friendly and gave me a decent quote but I noticed something fishy in one of their forms and when I questioned them about it they gave me what I thought was a BS answer so I called them on it and sure enough it was BS.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks