• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
All seriousness aside:)shock:)...I caution with ANY insurance company... make sure they have a good pic of what you are insuring.
I made my local agent send a pic up the chain and put a pic of each MV in my file...cuts down on their "wiggle room" when something happens...God forbid.

plym49

All seriousness aside:)shock:)...I caution with ANY insurance company... make sure they have a good pic of what you are insuring.
I made my local agent send a pic up the chain and put a pic of each MV in my file...cuts down on their "wiggle room" when something happens...God forbid.
That's right. And also why you need to read the written policy regardless of what anyone says. When the chips are down the only thing that counts is what it says in the policy. Nothing he or she said means a thing.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know some "Collector Car" Insurance companies, giving stated value insurance for historic or collector vehicles base their rates on insuring vehicles that are garaged. If you have a normal vehicle policy, they probably do not have this stipulation.

paulfarber

You guys yell about how good the collectors insurance is but I bet every one of you is using the truck outside of the policy terms.

Get State Farm. My renewal just came in an its $109 for 6 month, $218 a year, $18/month. No restrictions, daily driver. It only has state minimums, but its only a $1500 truck. I will be upping the liability a bit, but still not going to be above $25/mo.

Don't lie to the insurance co. They can refuse to cover you due to not abiding by the the policy limitations. Happens all the time.

I think the adage is 'penny wise, pound foolish'.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i tried the search but my battery is low and im on a cell phone!!
thanks!!
DH, I can't believe the thread is three pages long and you haven't had a comment on this. :D

Do cell phone users fall under the "Americans with disabilities act"?

Last edited:

rolling18

Hagerty requires a secured garage. OP does not want that requirement to be insured. See post #1.
Yes thank you! I have no garage or secured storage available for my "new" Deuceaua

I will try State farm again, Gulfway, and the others people mentioned..
i try to tell them this is not a "collector" vehicle with glossy paint and hi dollar value only about 5k

I ONLY want the insurance to be able to drive it on public roads (liability only) im not insuring parts, looks, or anything else its didnt cost hardly anything. LOL

Thanks for all you help!! and fast too!!

rolling18

You guys yell about how good the collectors insurance is but I bet every one of you is using the truck outside of the policy terms.

Get State Farm. My renewal just came in an its $109 for 6 month, $218 a year, $18/month. No restrictions, daily driver. It only has state minimums, but its only a $1500 truck. I will be upping the liability a bit, but still not going to be above $25/mo.

Don't lie to the insurance co. They can refuse to cover you due to not abiding by the the policy limitations. Happens all the time.

I think the adage is 'penny wise, pound foolish'.
I agree 1000% makes the most sence

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rolling18, is there anyone else in your area that has a deuce? If I remember, there are several up your way. If you can get ahold of them and find out which StateFarm they use, it will be easier on you. Most agents do NOT know how to insure these animals, they have to call corp office and the commercial side, most don't want to go to the trouble.

Last edited:

rolling18

DH, I can't believe the thread is three pages long and you haven't had a comment on this. :D

Do cell phone users fall under the "Americans with disabilities act"?
it seems that "I used the search and couldnt find what i needed" is becoming the required disclaimer before asking a question these days!!! how sad...aua

my story is when i used the search last night, i couldnt find anything with " insuring "without beiing secured in a garage" i was needing MORE than just the names of insurers..
therefore i was Forced to "ask a question" maybe i used the wrong phrase, different words, ect ect ect.. search only seems to work when you KNOW EXACTLY what you are looking for...

because i was at work I was NOT in a position to spend long time searching and reading as my phone was almost dead.. I needed an answer fast.

and thanks to the other members here my need was met beyond my expectations!!
thanks you again soo much for you timely help!!

rolling18

Rolling18, is there anyone else in your area that has a deuce? If I remember, there are several up your way. If you can get ahold of them and find out which StateFarm they use, it will be easier on you. Most agents do NOT know how to insure these animals, they have to call corp office and the commercial side, most don't want to go to the trouble.
4x4
I do not know ANYONE with a MV around my area or anywhere for that matter..
even the guy I bought my truck from had no insurance on it, not registered or titled, not even an SF97 so im having a hard time registering itaua and the seller wont return calls or emails.. so i dunno bout him. (hees a member here too!!)

and I cant register it without any insurance sory for O/T but Im the only MV i have seen here

olewhiskey

Does anyone have insurance on their MV that DOES NOT require it to be in a locked garage?

if so, how much does it cost you?
and who is it with?

i tried the search but my battery is low and im on a cell phone!!
thanks!!
Gulfstate , $288 a year $7600 insured. value 500k liability. No garage, kept on a secured lot though at Gun Store.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it seems that "I used the search and couldnt find what i needed" is becoming the required disclaimer before asking a question these days!!! how sad...aua

my story is when i used the search last night, i couldnt find anything with " insuring "without beiing secured in a garage" i was needing MORE than just the names of insurers..
therefore i was Forced to "ask a question" maybe i used the wrong phrase, different words, ect ect ect.. search only seems to work when you KNOW EXACTLY what you are looking for...

because i was at work I was NOT in a position to spend long time searching and reading as my phone was almost dead.. I needed an answer fast.

and thanks to the other members here my need was met beyond my expectations!!
thanks you again soo much for you timely help!!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/34262-no-garage-need-insurance.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/31407-insurance-deuce.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/60680-m35a2-insurance-need-advice.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/32138-insurance-licensing.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/31407-insurance-deuce.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/51735-military-vehicle-insurance.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/37149-deuce-insurance.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/20773-good-cheap-insurance-whos-better.html?highlight=insurance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/19843-insurance-m35-a2.html?highlight=insurance

Took me about 5 minutes. Less time than it took to read this thread.

olewhiskey

BTW they are a little slow, but they do a good job and are very nice to talk to.
Go Gulfstate, they are worth the extra fifty or sixty bucks.

Loco_Hosa

I know more guys with M35s insured with State Farm than any other company. I have an A2 and an A3 insurec with State Farm. They will insure it as a commercial vehicle restricted to private use. Premiums are reasonable.
I am not happy with my State Farm policy and will be looking into a new insurance company, despite the fact that the Deuce is cheaper each month than my C20!

My reason for displeasure is that they cannot insure the Deuce against theft and vandalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks