• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International Title Service --- A+ SERVICE!

kastein

A friend of mine registered his Jeep Cherokee buggy project through VT, so that makes sense to me.

As long as the VIN is not listed as stolen and everything checks out they will issue title etc.

He does have property in VT however so he did not need to go through anyone to get it handled, just did it himself.

SixSpeed

Banned
I presume I was speaking with the owner (should have asked his name) - but here is what he said...

- They WERE using two states prior to this to process titles (Maine and Alabama). These States now do not offer this service any longer... (can anyone confirm this?)

- ME and AL probably figured out the liability associated with this process

- He says they are now using the single State of VERMONT to process the titles... that it is a small office and they roll out something like (400) titles per week.

- He says VT is the ONLY State doing this, and they enjoy huge revenue for it. I guess that could be true...

- He offered to refund my money

- He said my paperwork "should" be back within the next few weeks

- I asked if ALL his customers were experiencing the same THREE PLUS MONTH DELAY?

- He said YES (again, can anyone confirm / validate this?)

- OK, so I am gonna hang on until the end of October (hoping for the best, expecting the worst)

I will provide an update in a few weeks...

I am seeking alternatives in the meantime.

Regardless, I am not endorsing this company for anyone to consider using.
Well they have had my paperwork/money since August 1st or so. So you aren't the only one waiting.

To the best of my knowledge AL hasn't changed any policies, but I do not really pay close attention to their state laws either.

1redgmc

Oh yeah... for anyone that thinks this is a one time bad experience of some poor sucka... I hope you are right.

If you plan on sending off your hard earned $$ - I advise you to call these guys first to get an ESTIMATE on both cost and time for getting your title back.

I am now one week shy of waiting FOUR MONTHS !!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and please post your results here for all to read.

Maybe we'll end up changing the title of this thread to "International Title Service SUX"

FrankUSMC

I had the North Carolina State police ask me about a truck I owned years ago that was titled by a titling company. They said they were cracking down on title companies that issue titles to just any one who sends them money. I was the 3rd owner of the truck, the first owner had titled it, they followed the paper trail to me. The guy I sold it to, I guess has never titled it.
If you are useing a title company, just be ready for the knock on the door from a DMV officer, or a phone call from the guy you sold the truck to saying the tilte is no good.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

motorolanut

The Broadway title site, on thier download forms says NO MILITARY VEHICLES anymore.
Oh well P@ss on the NCSP, they should be out looking for drug dealers or the like instead of badgering people over BS titled vehicles.
I would not sweat the NCSP inquiry...LOL

FrankUSMC

One of my co workers is now "sweating" the inquirys. He bought an antique car and the title does not match. He bought the car years ago and now, he wants to title it, they are saying "no".
As for your statement on badgering people over BS tiltes, it was because of low lifes breaking the laws that started this mess.
You can thank car thiefs needing titles, and the car building guys who try to title a 1976 corvette with a 1932 coupe bdy as a 1932 car for this mess.
I have to deal with the State Police every time I get a vehicle from out of state, that includes military vehicles from the goverment.
All I am saying is be carefull with the title companies, I do wish you luck.

tm america

ive got an international scout that was abandoned on my property for over a year i want to get a title to it .Who is the best people to deal with right now ...i probably could go through the courts and get it done but i think a title company would be easier

motorolanut

VIN numbers on stolen vehicles are or SHOULD be entered NCIC. So if a dirtbag trys to get a new title hopefully whatever state they are in the DMV should cross reference to verify the validity of the VIN and the title registration request. And yes, honest people (like your co-worker) pay the price. Most of the time as long as the states gets thier sales and property tax money they really care less. I hope 1redgmc gets his issues worked out.

WARWAG

Recieved a call from the GL vehicle title department. After a 3 week wait my titles are on there way. No hassel except I had to fax everything since the description in the GL auction didnt say the Gensets were mounted on Trailers......... Oh well. They emailed me the form to print and fill in the blanks. Faxed and here we are. Oh it cost $60 per title. Sorry that would be SF97. Should cost me $15 to get each one titled in my State.

1redgmc

Any news yet from ITS 1REDGMC?
As much as I was hoping to have good news - I am STILL WAITING and have gotten NOTHING from International Title Service.

I tried several times to reach them by phone yesterday, November 1st - making my total wait since submission via USPS Certified Mail to be 127 DAYS AND COUNTING !!!!

I feel that I have given them adequate time to correct whatever the problem may have been but have now run out of patience and if I can ever get them to answer the %$#@! phone - I will be demanding a refund.

Getting my money back is only HALF the issue becaause they still have all of my original paperwork - and it cannot be located (or no one has really tried).

If anyone were to ask me, I'd tell them quite bluntly that International Title Service has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS and this has been the absolute worst experience I've ever had in attempting to title a vehicle. The one time I did speak to the ITS guy, he acts like I should be grateful for all of this.

A**hole is a mild description of this guy.

As a last ditch effort to locate my documents - I plan on calling the DMV myself and if I am lucky, maybe someone there will help me.

I will post an update on whatever happens.

In the meantime, I still cannot drive my M35A2 - which is the worst part for me.

mckeeranger

Getting my money back is only HALF the issue becaause they still have all of my original paperwork - and it cannot be located (or no one has really tried).
I know this will cost you more money, but perhaps it's time to have an attorney send them a letter explaining they will owe you your money back, plus damages, if they don't get you either a title, or your money and paper work back.

Just a suggestion.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I guess the verdict is in..................... If you don't get an SF-97 from GL or GSA or the seller doesn't have a title in hand and it has never been titled before, then don't buy the truck.

Almost all states have changed the way that you title vehicles. No more slipping it thru the cracks.

Sorry to hear that people are having issues.

If you don't like the results you are getting then go out and VOTE today.

1redgmc

I tried calling ITS at least 25 times from work today. Always busy... I will try again tomorrow... maybe 50 times...

I did go start the deuce up this evening just to smell diesel exhaust and hear the sweet whine of the turbo.

I succeeded in only getting more ticked off at the whole situation because instaed of letting her sit and idle, I could be out having fun.

aua

tiger422

Drive the truck through their front door maby that will get them moving.
I think a lawyer is the only thing you can do but number 1 choice sounds more fun.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I guess the verdict is in..................... If you don't get an SF-97 from GL or GSA or the seller doesn't have a title in hand and it has never been titled before, then don't buy the truck.
Almost all states have changed the way that you title vehicles. No more slipping it thru the cracks.
In GA pre 86 vehicles just need to be inspected by LEO and registration is provided by DMV. They don't issue titles pre-86, however if you sell it out of state, the new state will issue a title from the GA registration. Done it many times.:beer:

George

I had the North Carolina State police ask me about a truck I owned years ago that was titled by a titling company. They said they were cracking down on title companies that issue titles to just any one who sends them money. I was the 3rd owner of the truck, the first owner had titled it, they followed the paper trail to me. The guy I sold it to, I guess has never titled it.
If you are useing a title company, just be ready for the knock on the door from a DMV officer, or a phone call from the guy you sold the truck to saying the tilte is no good.

sorry about that Frank :-D NCDMV didn't have the budget to send an investigator to New England

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks