• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IronPlanet.com Selling Military Rolling Stock SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It works real simple, very easy, a proxy bid can be put in any time before the auction, this is sorta good, it keeps auction fever way down, will cover the low ballers, if two proxy bidders have the high bid, the first proxy bid takes it, plus you can bid on auction day, either by online, text, or prone. I have placed a few bids though always over bid (they have a lot more money then I do)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It works real simple, very easy, a proxy bid can be put in any time before the auction, this is sorta good, it keeps auction fever way down, will cover the low ballers, if two proxy bidders have the high bid, the first proxy bid takes it, plus you can bid on auction day, either by online, text, or prone. I have placed a few bids though always over bid (they have a lot more money then I do)
What's the significance of bidding prone?

iatractor

Cruised around there the other night after signing up to bid. Seen a sporadic smattering of military items in different categories. Wasn't very many of them either so I would venture to guess they were items already in the civilian market. I too would like to see a mv/government surplus category. The other thing that I noticed was the location search function is different. Can't say I like or dislike it, just different. I do like the idea of many different types of equipment are listed like tractors and tools. Might come in handy for recoveries. Perhaps it will the Amazon for big boy toys.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military items you see listed right now aren't part of the government contract, they are civilian owned.

Personally, I won't be real happy if they offer the Iron Clad Assurance on MVs. While it does lower the risk, it also lowers the gain. If they start the Iron Clad Assurance it will raise prices to more of a retail price, because it's better than you can get at a lot of the major dealers.

IP was the best bidder and it appears it's a good deal for the taxpayer but I'm not jumping for joy over change.

two.fiveM35

Just got done looking around their site and to me it doesn't seem any better than GL. I saw a 5 ton tractor that had a value of $7500 as what I believe to be the opening bid. Seems high to me. I'm trying not to get my hands slapped by the moderators by not mentioning a particular auction, please delete this if I'm in the wrong.

two.fiveM35

The military items you see listed right now aren't part of the government contract, they are civilian owned.

Personally, I won't be real happy if they offer the Iron Clad Assurance on MVs. While it does lower the risk, it also lowers the gain. If they start the Iron Clad Assurance it will raise prices to more of a retail price, because it's better than you can get at a lot of the major dealers.

IP was the best bidder and it appears it's a good deal for the taxpayer but I'm not jumping for joy over change.
The item I looked at did not include the Iron Clad Assurance but looks to be in very nice condition and actually detailed. Looks like the inside of the doors were reprinted with a glossier paint.

bchauvette

Obviously IP won the contract by indicating more money going back to the government than GL. To do this they either need to get more money for the vehicles or lowering their margin or both. I doubt a better operating efficiency would be enough to win the contract. I often get asked "where do you buy this stuff?" IP is a long established universal equipment auction site. This will increase the competition, increasing the prices.

Artisan

The inspection reports at IronPlanet are off the hook cool!
Check out a typical inspection report HERE. Scroll down and
lok at the detail. You can click on the line item (where you see the STAR rating)
and it shows you a picture of that item large on the right side!

This is wayyyyyy cool guys. This is going to be a LOT better me thinks.

If I want to sell a truck I know my truck will be represented as it should be and not a willy nilly
blurb by the untrained.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Obviously IP won the contract by indicating more money going back to the government than GL. To do this they either need to get more money for the vehicles or lowering their margin or both. I doubt a better operating efficiency would be enough to win the contract. I often get asked "where do you buy this stuff?" IP is a long established universal equipment auction site. This will increase the competition, increasing the prices.

I am inclined to agree. . . . sadly

ABN173

Mods may need to restructor the catagories in the auctions section....I guess. I was surprised there was no info on this site. Normally we are some of the first to know & share information.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mods may need to restructor the catagories in the auctions section....I guess. I was surprised there was no info on this site. Normally we are some of the first to know & share information.
The discussion of GL losing the rolling stock contract to Iron Planet has been going on since it first happened, months ago. The situation of "Iron Planet" dealing under a sub-name of "Gov Planet" has also been mentioned but apparently no thread started as such (in case you did a search). So we were some of the first to know and share. That's the only reason I have a Iron Planet account.

Al Harvey

So no more inspections on rolling stock, not sure if I like that. All you get to rely on is their inspection report. I saw some questions on buying fees, according to their FAQ it will be the same as govliquidation, 10% Buyer premium and Sales tax. I am curious how they are going to handle the logistics side of this with their inspections and having someone on sight for pick ups. From what I understand their bid made many wonder how they will be able to cover their overhead. This could be interesting and probably a bit of a headache in the beginning.

infidel got me

The truck i just looked at on gov.planet said crankcase cracked not[wont start]seems better than buying a truck that you hope new batterys will fix,kinda know a little bit more when pulling wallet out and making a bid.i would rather pay a little more up front and not worry about a no start engine.are we allowed on lot for inspections or do we just go on how they sre written up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks