• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is a Deuce a redneck truck?

davidkroberts

i think the answer is in how its being used. If your a serious collector and into historic preservation then your a collector and maybe a bit excentric but not a redneck. If your like me and run around town just because you can, your just a bit different and maybe just a touch odd. If you like running through 4 feet of mud-hole slurpping a RC Cola while eating a moon pie yeah your a redneck driving a redneck truck.

badgmc56

Have not been called a redneck cause anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a gearhead that loves the thrill of fast cars and motorcycles. I think the words that come to mind that I have been called are "crazy"," nuts"," out of my mind" and a few others that I can't repeat at this time!

saddamsnightmare

January 25th, 2009.

:razz: IF you are a redneck...... it really means you were a Coal Miner in West Virginia involved in the 1921 BAttle of Blair Mountain.... attempting to get your rights to fair pay as a working man. I always amazes me that few people knew that the Miner's army wore red bandannas around their necks, to differentiate themselves from the "Scabs". See the book "Blair Mountain" ,which came out last year, or "Bloodletting in Appalachia" by Walter Lee, for the origins of the term. Yeah... I'm a redneck because I like to work with my mind and my hands, and my people were coal miners and steel mill workers, but my deuce and Unimog probably aren't redneck trucks.... there's enough of those around here.... "Paddle Faster... I think I hear Banjoes"!:twisted:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

grounded

Banned
Not been called a redneck but have been called nuts to jealous. Friend came over yesterday had the deuce up front by the house. His words was "I WANT IT"

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't know about "Redneck", but it has been asked if I was a "terrorist".....by a person who spoke the neighborhood watch captain about my trucks.....

I told him, "No, I starting my own Militia....." rofl

This came about as I was digging out the road and pulling people out earlier this year...:razz:

Attachments

Michael

I have never been called a redneck in my trucks. I don't think the truck makes the redneck, just the man. I think most rednecks would like to have a deuce. Just think how much farm work you could do with one.

SasquatchSanta

January 25th, 2009.

:razz: IF you are a redneck...... it really means you were a Coal Miner in West Virginia involved in the 1921 BAttle of Blair Mountain.... attempting to get your rights to fair pay as a working man. I always amazes me that few people knew that the Miner's army wore red bandannas around their necks, to differentiate themselves from the "Scabs". See the book "Blair Mountain" ,which came out last year, or "Bloodletting in Appalachia" by Walter Lee, for the origins of the term. Yeah... I'm a redneck because I like to work with my mind and my hands, and my people were coal miners and steel mill workers, but my deuce and Unimog probably aren't redneck trucks.... there's enough of those around here.... "Paddle Faster... I think I hear Banjoes"!:twisted:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

Kyle,
You’re right in as much as you’ve written but the story goes back a little farther in history. My folks were also coal minors. Those were hard times by anyones standard. Also, with a name like McGrogan there is a possibility that three or four of our generations may have spent time together swinging an Irish broad-sword

To All --- As someone with strong Scots-Irish roots I’m honored to be called a redneck.

The term “Red-Neck” goes back to the 1600s and originally referred to supporters of the National Covenant Lowland Presbyterians who fought persecution by the British Crown. Covenanters wore a red cloth around their neck as an insignia therefore the name Redneck.

The term Hillbilly, a title often associated with the term redneck got its origin back in 1690 when Prince William (Billy) of Orange and his “Billy’s Boys” army knocked the snot out King James army at the battle of Boyne Ireland. Out of the battle came the term Orangemen and Billy Boys. Because of the hilly terrain around Ulster, Billy Boys became Hilly-Billies and later Hillbillies.

Traditions run deep. The traditional song of the Glasgow Rangers football club begins with the line “Harrah! Harrah! Harrah! We are the Billy Boys!” and shares the same tune as the civil war song “Marching Through Georgia.”

We Orangemen Irish and Scots-Irish “Rednecks” have Presbyterians ancestors that suffered horrible persecution by the British. The British paid dearly for the injustices committed against the Irish and Scots Irish during the war for Americas Independence. In 1717 Orangemen started coming to America to flee British persecution. By the time America’s war for independence broke out there were well over a quarter of a million Orangemen (Scots Irish) who, without a country had assimilated and became Americans --- Americans that had a deep seated hatred for the British. They were fierce fighters that played a roll out of all proportion to their numbers against the British.

A British officer was quoted as saying "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

A Confederate, Civil War soldier was once quoted as saying the South would have won but the North had more Scots-Irish.”

Sooo --- if your ancestors were Protestant Irish or Scots-Irish you are an original and hopefully proud, Redneck Hillbilly.

If not, we’ll let you use our title whenever you want. Just don’t piss us off, remember what happened to the British. :-D

NOTE: This post is not intended to be about religion. It’s about the origin and history of the term redneck. It’s also not intended to be about North verses South.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seem to be 3 terms for folk from the country:

1) Good Ole Boy - nice fella,kind of shy, says "maam" when talking to a lady

2) Redneck - decent enough guy, likes rodeo and monster trucks

3) Dumb Ass Redneck - only goal in life is to get drunk and beat up on people weaker than he is.

1 and 2 can be badges of honor or terms of endearment. #3 needs a good old blanket party.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Where I used to live (IL) and where I live now (GA), a truck is considered practical transportation, no matter what kind it is. There are places, however, where ANY truck will get you denounced as a "redneck." The way I see it, if you enjoy driving your deuce and someone calls you a redneck because of it, just run his @ss over! ;)

tsmall07

Where I used to live (IL) and where I live now (GA), a truck is considered practical transportation, no matter what kind it is. There are places, however, where ANY truck will get you denounced as a "redneck." The way I see it, if you enjoy driving your deuce and someone calls you a redneck because of it, just run his @ss over! ;)

A friend of mine moved to Northern Virginia (NOVA) when she was in high school and her dad had a pickup truck. They called several companies to come do work at their house but they never showed up. When asked why, they said it was because when they got there they saw there was a truck in the driveway so they thought someone was already there to do the work. :roll:

littlebob

Redneck by truck would be someone that didn't know the person. I did notice this weekend
that it was looking a little Redneck around the house and put the M51 shelter I had underneath the carport and the motorcycle trailer in the middle of the front yard in the backyard out of view. I just like stuff conveinent to use, a little harder in a suburban neighborhood. Most of the people that would call me a redneck probably wouldn't tell me to my face.
littlebob