• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is all deuces hard to get in second gear

Loco_Hosa

I have just recently bought my truck, and all my standerd shifting experiance is with sports cars and japanise motorcycles, and one C20 with a 4 speed. I was taught that you do not ever ever EVER NEVER hold the clutch in at a light. This was pounded so hard into my head that when I drive with a particular friend whom REFUSES to let the clutch out at light, I can not even look at his clutch foot. (Nor will I let him drive my truck)

I ALWAYS start in first. This being said 1st is a challenge to get into some times, well, all times. I have taken to pulling it into 3rd and then over to first, and although I like the idea of put it into first while your still slowly rolling, and then put the T-case in neutral, but I worry that I am going to put wear on the T-case synchros every time I come to a light. Is this more damaging? I dont know how tough the syncros in the Transfer case are.

On a somewhat related note: It is recommended to run 10-40 in the transmission? Instead of gear oil, you run motor oil? Any big difference between synthetics and non?

Please excuse my poor grammar and spelling, I am half asleep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks