• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with my New Truck.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not too long ago I came across that red/blue wire near the steering column. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I seem to recall it being not plugged into anything and that it was supposed to not be plugged into anything. Its a diagnostic connection, maybe? I don't remember exactly.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Antennaclimber has brand new cards for sale in the classifieds. His website is http://www.glowplugcards.com/.

If you search the forum, some members have repaired their own cards. However they did have some electrical background. YMMV

The blue with red wire is used in the M1010 Ambulance for the rear compartment heater. It is not used in the other trucks. You will find it in the wiring diagrams for the M1010.

Cucvrus. John has not been on the site in a couple of years so there is no way to ask him. My only contact with him was through the site.

I have heard rumors that he may be back.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?103428-CUCV-Electric-Explained

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

That rumor has been around for a while. I hope it's true, but I wouldn't hold off buying somewhere else in hopes that he'll be back in business soon.

Ok so I got the new antennaclimber card and installed it today. I also installed new ACdelco glow plugs on sunday. The "wait" light turns on and I can hear the relay click but it still won't start. There is voltage to the bottom terminal after "click" so now I'm stuck again.
Before the GPs were working, the rig would start and run perfectly with starter fluid which makes me think the fuel system is functioning properly. Are there any other things I'm missing? Whats the trick to getting this started????????????????

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The is the diode for the water-in-fuel sensor.

Have you checked your glow plugs?

Yes I installed new glow plugs. Where is the diode for the water in fuel sensor suposed to sit? Mine is just kina hanging around behind the air filter.

On a side note: I FOUND THE PROBLEM! I had a hunch to lift the air filter and look around and it paid off. There was a red wire under there just flopping around not connected to anything. I sent it home to its plug and it fired right up. Thanks for your help. I'm on the move.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is really a pink wire. It is the 12v for the fuel shutoff on the injector pump. Without it the engine would never run. Good find. [thumbzup]

The diode is usually wrapped in some silver duct tape and just hangs out next to the wiring harness behind the air cleaner

Here is a helpful thread that is in the stickies

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?50551-CUCV-Switches-Diodes-Relays

Last picture in the second post

Last edited:
Well it was wrapped in duct tape but I immediately assumed some hack did that so I unwrapped it. I am not one who believes duct tape fixes anything.
Once I got it fired back up I re-wrapped it in electrical tape and left it where I found it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks