• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JATONKA's winter project: M35 dump/plow truck

Vintage iron

Why did the industry get away from super chargers? I know they are heavier and probable don't spool up as quick, but are there other reasons too?

dabtl

I got to looking at this post and remembering last years snow here. Quite an experience!

Now, the temp is running in the 60's and we are getting rain enough to fill the lakes again. Oh, well, we had a drought in Summer with wild fires. Go figure Texas weather.:p

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my truck back from JATONKA. I had him mount up a 4 way plow, convert it to a dump bed, and install his awesome spin on oil filters. That's JATONKA in the first picture, and me in the second.

He did a great job!!! The pictures tell the story. I don't have a picture of the bed all the way up because I had a bunch of loose ammo cans in it at the time of the pictures.

Just in time for the big Nor'Easter coming up the coast tonight!

Now all I have to do is get the 1200R20 tires mounted on it and it will be done.
Nice job John. I was going to put one on a duce , but bought two GMC 6500 dump trucks with 40k on them from the local town for $1300 for both trucks. Drove both home. Could not pass it up.

jatonka

The good part of the electric plow setup was that I bought brand new 24 volt pump motor and control solenoids for it right from Western, and not expensive. doesn't draw many amps at 24 volt, very quick response. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. JT

Mark2X2

The truck pushed snow amazingly even with the street tread 1100r20 tires. Could easily push a wider blade. I had no weight in the back so with a few thousand pounds in the bed it would be unstoppable.
Surfdog,
Do you have power steering, or do you have Super Hero strength?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did the industry get away from super chargers? I know they are heavier and probable don't spool up as quick, but are there other reasons too?
Actually it's turbochargers that take time to spool up. Advantage I see to turbo over supercharger is the turbo uses the waste gas pressure rather than a drain off the crankshaft, perhaps turbos last longer too?

MarcusOReallyus

Funny. Came here looking for info on deuce plow/dump trucks, because somebody is selling one locally. I was just curious to see if it was a military version, or aftermarket.

Lo and behold, I find this thread with a truck that looks almost exactly the same! Makes me wonder if Jatonka built it! :)

Last edited:

TehTDK

Turbocharger:
- "Cheaper"
- More complicated installation (more plumbing)
- More power then a supercharger
- Tendency to lag

Supercharger:
- No Lag
- More expensive to acquire
- "Simpler" installation

Thats just the points I can remember right off the bat in a matter of minutes :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks