• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a MTV M1094 LVAD

DSD277

Well, there hasn't been any real new activity on the FDT, but today, I received these cool pictures
I'm afraid to show them to the truck, it may remember it's last flight and have nightmares;):lol:

Attachments

rmel

Ya, and I have to say I felt really really small next to Dave's "Flying Dump Truck",
like a Fiat 500 next to city bus. The 710K in this case is the aka Mozo-1.

Nice PIX Dave even if I say so myself :)

ron

DSD277

I know the moderators won’t like this being posted to this thread, But this build is directly responsible for my acquisition of my “new” Automotive Technik Ltd Pinzgauer 718K.
This will be my only post of the Pinz here. A link to the new thread is below

BEFORE S&S bought ATL, they had the North American sales rights for Pinzgauer and this was S&S only sales demonstrator.
I had found a friend within BAE that enjoyed the resurrection of the FDT and with discussions of various vehicles and the Steyr history, and one day I was made aware of this Pinzgauer and it's impending liquidation.
A true story of being in the right place, at the right time

The FMTV gods were truly smiling on me.

This is an extremely low mileage (262 miles) UK manufactured 718K, but what is also known 758 (for the UK manufactured Pinzgauers). Probably less than 1200 made.

Unlike SDP made TDs, this has a VW 2.5TDI engine ( the 5 cylinder version of the VW 4 cylinder 1.9TDI)
4 speed automatic, also Anti-Lock Brakiing System (ABS), Electronic Braking Distribution (EBD) and Electronic Traction Control (ETC)
And as a FFR ( Fitted For Radio) has a 2nd set of batteries in a battery box in the inside the left rear door and a junction box on the right side.
A small 250w inverter was mounted below the junction box

This link is to the thread I've started in the Pinzgauer section for this truck

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...hnik-Ltd-Pinzgauer-718K&p=1499028#post1499028

Attachments

Last edited:

jpinst

My LVAD roof was so rotted, I had to cut the rails off and fabricate new ones and weld them on. Now it fits and locks down secure. BAE wanted $5000 for a new roof. I also bought a cheap but new dropped HIMARS cab and stripped a lot out of it for parts.

jpinst

When she arrived she looked good. Look at the poor roof. A repaired roof is being fitted in the photo. Thew major problem with the FMTV trucks they are selling is that most are missing the turret hatch cover. This means they filled up like aquariums with water. Usually it settles on the floor and then rots though. Replacing the floor pan is becoming a big PIA.IMG_0234 copy.jpgIMG_0318 copy.jpgIMG_0233 copy.jpgmtv_roof copy.jpg

DSD277

Well. With my receipt of the Pinzgauer, it has gotten most all my attention the past year, and the FDT has gone neglected. :sad:.

Though a bit tardy in posting, I had the FDT in a local 4th of July parade and received back some pics of it ( and me... a rarity :-D)

I love the feeling of an open air FMTV:mrgreen:

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm, gives me a few ideas... I wonder how well a War Pig mod would look with an M-35? Or maybe an M-52? I'll go way out there, a War Pig M-211!
Your truck is one awesome looking truck!

DSD277

Hmmm, gives me a few ideas... I wonder how well a War Pig mod would look with an M-35? Or maybe an M-52? I'll go way out there, a War Pig M-211!
Your truck is one awesome looking truck!
Thank you! It doesn't seem like it has been over 5 years since I started the project, or over 4 since it's 1st show on Memorial Day 2013! :shock:

A gun truck build would seem more in line for M-35 or such.

I don't keep up with the forum, and since several of the LVAD M1081s and M1093s have been release on the market, I am curious to who else has gone the route make make a War Pig? I would be shocked if the FDT was the only example.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks