• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large and "OMG it's HUGE" towbar feet to tow a deuce?

TexAndy

I bought one of those lots of towbars out of pineville a few months back. Had several of the "large" towbars, some with feet. And it had several of the "hold my beer while I give myself a hernia" towbars. Also, some with feet.

The "large" ones have 1" pin holes where the feet attach to the tow bar, but 1.5" holes where they attach to the truck. No go for a deuce. The deuce tow points have 1" holes.

The hernia makers that came with feet had 1.5" holes both where the feet attach to the towbar and on the side where the feet attach to the vehicle.

Did they ever make feet for either of these towbars with 1" holes?

If not... would it be safe to try to sleeve the 1.5" holes down to 1" ?

Just out of curiosity... what were these ballbustingly heavy towbars used for? I can't even lift an end without taking them apart.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
nopics
I have the tow bar from he11, I did find a set of adaptors with the 1"tow hole from somebody on site, I think SEMIS

there is not enough clearance to use the 1 1/2 pin hole with bushings, the adapter won't fit

Last edited:

jh1990

just a guess but i'm going to say the "ballbusting" ones are from an M88 Hercules tracked wrecker, and the other one sounds like the ones we have at work off our M984 wrecker for our M1070 HET systems

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scrap those and buy a medium towbar. Or better yet get that stinking 816 running so we can go play with it.

TexAndy

Scrap those and buy a medium towbar. Or better yet get that stinking 816 running so we can go play with it.

I'd get it up and running and immediately get pulled over by Officers Knuckles and Fat Tony for failing to give the government it's protection money on such a large and obviously commercial vehicle. You know, because it's a dangerous road out there... you need protection. Accidents happen.

Here's pics

Huge one:

About 7 feet.

8383808 on the tow bar.

12322862 on the feet

"Large" tow bar:

Also about 7 feet long.

Number on the feet looks like: 19207 - 11660834

Number on the large bar looks like:

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the distance between thr pin hole on the lift bracket and the bumper is not enough for the 1 1/2" adaptor to fit

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the correct feet and you can use my towbar any time. Now that I have a tow "vehicle" we can try some recoveries that aren't "I think (hope) I can stop with that behind me."

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no, I did that, the adaptor tip WILL NOT FiT, it wont pivot, that is WHY I bought the 11/2" x 1"adoptors

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
not taller lift brackets but the correct adaptors, the taller the bracket is , the more SIDE pull or twist in turns

Last edited:

TexAndy

I guess I'm just not picturing what the problem is correctly, then.

I thought you meant the hole on the bracket was too close to the bumper to allow the tow bar enough pitch movement.

What does this adapter that you bought that works look like? What's it called?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
" thought you meant the hole on the bracket was too close to the bumper to allow the tow bar enough pitch movement."
that is correct, making the lift bracket higher to provide the need movement required will put a LOT more side load on them in tight turns

ill get some pics later,my camera is dead, need my wife to do the deed with hers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks