• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

Amer-team

That is an interesting build on the 932. Nice looking truck. Did you make them get out and hook their own strap or did someone do it for them?

rrrr

They had a friend do it for them. I have since picked up a shackle that I will attach to the pintle to make it even easier for folks to tie on.

jw4x4

I have a 6 inch Snatch-n-Strap (thanks Recovry4x4) for such circumstances. I don't feel comfortable using anything else. With these gargantuan rigs, whatever is hooked to the other end IS coming out. At one of the Georgia Rallies, we made believers out of a whole bunch of folks that had never seen said strap used in action to its fullest capabilities. Ferro was on the wet end of that strap that particular evening. Everybody said his truck (818) stuck in cabbage OVER the front bumper was not coming out without a winch. Well, you just hide and watch. Mission accomplished. :p

MarcM35A2

My new M923A2. Bought it from the Army here in Germany. Just have started to do all the services..... changing oil, filters and have to do some little fixes!!!

IMG_1310_800x600.jpg IMG_1337_800x600.jpg IMG_1353_800x600.jpg IMG_1384_800x600.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MarcM35A2

Well, I am german national. An the Truck came from the US Army in Germersheim/ germany. In Germany you have to buy these trucks from a contractor. They will get it for you from the base. At this time there are hundreds of m939 trucks here on the market. But a m923A2 is still hard to get!
Years ago we could have bought trucks from the DRMO here in Germany. But now we have to get the cars and trucks like I discribed above.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I am german national. An the Truck came from the US Army in Germersheim/ germany. In Germany you have to buy these trucks from a contractor. They will get it for you from the base. At this time there are hundreds of m939 trucks here on the market. But a m923A2 is still hard to get!
Years ago we could have bought trucks from the DRMO here in Germany. But now we have to get the cars and trucks like I discribed above.
Thank you, Sir.
That's interesting insight into how things are done elsewhere in the world.
Auf Wiedersehen

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I'd toss my M54A2 into the thread...just acquired from a rural fire department in Sumas, WA. Has a very large V plow set up for the front which I got with the truck but not the water tank.

9109000590_42ba47a2d7.jpg9106775517_8c842f0a92.jpg9109007542_fe5fd42fd9_n.jpg9106777129_758bec6162_n.jpg9109005594_7f567ca74d_n.jpg9109002846_ab8186a950.jpg

Immediate plan is to replace all the old NDT tires with a set of new G177's I found locally at a great price, then to take the plow assembly off and store it and lastly, find a troop bed somewhere hopefully within 500miles in case anyone knows where one is in WA, OR or ID. The plow assembly is available for possible trade for a bed.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bigboy,
That came out nice, what is the final length dimension of the bed w tail gate on, I'll check your build thread. Put a couple pallets of house bricks in it at it might ride like a F-150. I wish you were closer, you could contract out and build my trucktor. Fresh coat of paint and that will take first place.
JCa

bigboy44

Bigboy,
That came out nice, what is the final length dimension of the bed w tail gate on, I'll check your build thread. Put a couple pallets of house bricks in it at it might ride like a F-150. I wish you were closer, you could contract out and build my trucktor. Fresh coat of paint and that will take first place.
JCa
Scar59, Thanks for the complement. The bed is 9'7" total and sticks out about 1" out the frame, I am getting some bumperettes from smittyjr355 to add to the rear. Preping the sides and tailgate for paint is going to be the hardest part of the build for me(I hate to paint). The sides are pretty rough and they will require the most work. All in all I am pleased with the build and the truck rides pretty good and the warmer the tires get the better it drives. Thanks for looking!

ryan503

m934 one side out.jpgm934 and jeep.jpghere is my first one, just got it the other day and already want a few more!!

I am planning on making it a mobile shop
this is a great forum I've learned alot from creeping around on here. Thank you to everyone on here!

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 437961View attachment 437962here is my first one, just got it the other day and already want a few more!!

I am planning on making it a mobile shop
this is a great forum I've learned alot from creeping around on here. Thank you to everyone on here!
Ryan,
I see that was your "Post #1".

Welcom aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Great looking truck you've gotten!

Again, W E L C O M E ! ! !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks