• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

Danl

Danl M915A1

here are some,to help get things started, i have more some are still painted camo, like my farm tractor I'll post them laterdans truck 005.jpg

dans truck 006.jpg

dans truck 003.jpg

dans truck 004.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

1azz2risk

My new bobbed 5 ton

This is my first post. I sold my unimog to get this 1971 AM General M818 bobber, and I am glad I did. I love it and I owe everyone in this forum a big "thank you" because this is where I learned about 5 tons and found it in the classified on here.
Tommy

Attachments

davesgmc

got to drive my 5 ton, ELMO, around Ft Riley along with a british ferret and a russian BTR40 armored scout car. You can imagine the looks all that got!! IT was a BLAST! pics to come later,,,,that is if anyone took any cause i was too busy,,,,sorry

BARROWCANYON

1975/97 Bobbed M813

Hey all, new member and first time M/V owner from Alaska. I bought that bobbed 813 from C&C in Indiana and had them haul it to Seattle to be barged up to Anchorage,AK (LORD WILLING!). I have a ton of cold weather questions as the ultimate destination will be BARROW,AK! Far north as you can go. I'm a student and first year apprentice with experience working in Prudhoe Bay and Barrow. I bought the truck to put it to work on the iceroad in support of offshore oil/gas exploration and have already received promising feedback from one Co. Thanks everyone.

BARROWCANYON

We haven't taken delivery of the truck yet so no pics except the title that my son Raymond is holding. We will start posting pics starting in Anchorage of the 1000+ miles across Alaska to Barrow via Prudhoe an the seasonal 200 mile iceroad(trail). What have I done?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We haven't taken delivery of the truck yet so no pics except the title that my son Raymond is holding. We will start posting pics starting in Anchorage of the 1000+ miles across Alaska to Barrow via Prudhoe an the seasonal 200 mile iceroad(trail). What have I done?
It's called dreams :whistle: if not love :wink:

Would love to come along or change places with you on the trip from Anchorage to Barrow. :driver:

Since working for 6 months along the Alaska Highway, I am hooked and still want to go back and travel there again. Was there early February through August, coldest was -52 Celsius, :confused: (I always see this as the ice queen smiley); great.

BARROWCANYON

Thank you, your welcome to come along just bring a large thermos and bring your MASTERCARD hahaha. Fuel on the Dalton Hwy. last year was nearly $5gal. and coffee? Only one stop between Fairbanks and Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay is at Coldfoot. After Prudhoe, the only hope for rescue is by actvating a P.L.B. and waiting for the NorthSlope Borough Search n Rescue service, "weather permitting".

BARROWCANYON

The iceroad crews get started in early January in the dead of winter before the sun even comes back up and it opens up by mid March. Takes about 12 -15 hours if the weather holds to go the 200 or so miles from Prudhoe to Barrow.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, your welcome to come along just bring a large thermos and bring your MASTERCARD hahaha. Fuel on the Dalton Hwy. last year was nearly $5gal. and coffee? Only one stop between Fairbanks and Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay is at Coldfoot. After Prudhoe, the only hope for rescue is by actvating a P.L.B. and waiting for the NorthSlope Borough Search n Rescue service, "weather permitting".

Tempting, tempting. Next summer might be possible, this year not, we are broke. trying to find your route, I came across this these pages. We would drive close to two hours to take our 2-weekly bath in the Liard hot springs, I have similar slides from 1981.

His day 8 follows your route up North to Deadhorse. Really tempting. I had problems finding the route and distances from Deadhorse to Barrow, seems nobody wants to go there and no roads???? More and more tempting. How long you estimate it's going to take you.

Edit: your reply went up before my question came! Good service

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks