• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light work before the rally ( engine & trans swap + overdrive kit)

Jeepsinker

Alright, the HH is back together. Now to just put it back in and see what I have. I can't help but wonder if the drive key broken because I put the head in a tooth off, or if it was a tooth off because the drive key broke. I suppose it really doesn't matter as long as the truck runs right now.

Jeepsinker

Ok, problem. Both timing marks lined up but the hh won't go in. The stop washer on the drive gear in the pump is in the way. So how do I properly index the head now?

welldigger

Ok, problem. Both timing marks lined up but the hh won't go in. The stop washer on the drive gear in the pump is in the way. So how do I properly index the head now?
The head doesn't come out with the timing marks lined up. Remember the red tooth on the hh isn't a timing mark. Just an indexing mark to remove the hh.

When you line up the 2 timing marks on the engine and 4 bolt cover on the ip the red tooth should be visible but it won't line up to the pointer in the shutoff window.

Jeepsinker

Man it cruises nice with the extra power and the overdrive kit! I'm doing an easy cruise in the neighborhood of 60-65 at 2200 rpm. And it sounds so much tougher too! No way I'm putting a muffler on this hoss.

DavidWymore

Man it cruises nice with the extra power and the overdrive kit! I'm doing an easy cruise in the neighborhood of 60-65 at 2200 rpm. And it sounds so much tougher too! No way I'm putting a muffler on this hoss.
I'm stoked for you too, man, cool. I noticed my LDS sounds cooler than the '70 whistler I'm storing too.

Good job Garrett ! Hey you wouldn't happen to have the part number of the bow-tie drive key do you ? I need to order some from AMBAC.

Do they sell the button clips too?

rustystud

Do they sell the button clips too?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. I need to find the part number for the drive key and then I'll call and order them. When I do I'll ask how much the button clips are.