• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Reworked LMTV

Just curious who has tried a non-OEM condenser with a gen 2 unit. Were the results good?

Last edited:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMTV Air Conditioner Hybrid Completed Installation click on this post for some more info.
Check out page 6 were I explain what I did. It will also work for Gen2 units. The primary difference between Gen 1 and 2 units besides the external obvious vents is the internal parts...Gen 1 is all mechanical using cables to open and close ducts and Gen 2 uses solenoids instead of cables.

LMTV SEAL

Hey I recently purchased the Red Dot dash mount A/C control console. Now I need the rest (compressor, condenser, proper bracket, and pulley) to make this all work. Can you offer any help? Cade

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My experience here in Florida with tinted windows and in the middle of the day, it does ok. It does not make it so cold you have to turn it down ...if that helps.

SausageGuy

My local Red Dot dealer says corporate told him the inside units are an OEM and non stock item that can not be ordered directly at this time but may change soon.
Still working on it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the second gen heads that go in the cab. They are a bit larger than the stock heater box and I believe you have to run a 12v power lead to it also.

ramdough

Here is a wiring diagram I had, not sure if this exactly for your unit, regardless everything should be wired the same. This schematic looks like it may be for a setup using 2 seperate pressure switches. One would be a high pressure switch which is used to turn the condenser fan on when the system pressure reaches a a preset pressure limit. The other switch is a binary switch switch which prevents the compressor from comming on if the system pressure is too low and turns off the compressor if the pressure is too high. Another option is to use a trinary switch which combines these two functions into one switch. Either way the wiring is the similar. Regarding the switch itself there is nothing special about the correct LMTV part, you can use any generic AC pressure switch, I purchased mine from coldhose.com, I used the trinary switch. Also I didn’t have the factory harness and didn’t wire the fan portion of the trianry switch in series with the fan, I didn’t want the motor current running thru the switch, rather I used the switch to control the condenser fan relay ground.

Hopefully this helps.View attachment 725225
This is obviously a gen1 in the picture. Anyone have a schematic for the gen2 or are they wired the same?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottmandu

My local Red Dot dealer says corporate told him the inside units are an OEM and non stock item that can not be ordered directly at this time but may change soon.
Still working on it.
I was told something different, they could be manufactured, 6 piece order $6500 each.

DukeNukem

I have sold a few Hmmwv Kits to customers with M35A3 trucks. Same engine.. Attached are few pics..$1,250.00
You have to make your own A/C compressor bracket..They told me it was too cold! Ran it on low all the time. Customers have adapted it to M923a2, M923, M35A2, and many others. Cooled my M1044 Great, Wife complained it was too cold!, Turn it down! She demanded..Love it!
Kevin. decodeme@verizon.net

Nice

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks