• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078 Tachometer

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know the civilian part number for the medallion tach?
I don't think there is a civilian part number for the military tach. It has has a part number (which is here in the parts spreadsheet in my signature), but you can't just buy it on the open market. What Suprman is saying is that there are civilian tachs that are the same size, that are not wired the same but can be wired in a different way to make them work.

Juanri23

[QUOTE = "Suprman, publicación: 2307117, miembro: 47448"]
Tengo las carcasas de tacómetro de caja de interruptores con arnés y tacómetros genéricos de excedente de mil que encajan. No se conectan directamente al arnés, necesitaría conectar el tacómetro al arnés.
[/CITAR]
Can i use any 24v dc 5000 rpm tachometer?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE = "Suprman, publicación: 2307117, miembro: 47448"]
Tengo las carcasas de tacómetro de caja de interruptores con arnés y tacómetros genéricos de excedente de mil que encajan. No se conectan directamente al arnés, necesitaría conectar el tacómetro al arnés.
[/CITAR]
Can i use any 24v dc 5000 rpm tachometer?
Does your alternator have the blinking lights on it?

Juanri23

Does your alternator have the blinking lights on it?
I will check this lights oi don't know what lights you're talking. My engine is 3116 m1078 a0 of 1998

Are you talking about the panel lights in the cab? When i push the button :test lights?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will check this lights oi don't know what lights you're talking. My engine is 3116 m1078 a0 of 1998
Tilt your cab and start the engine. See if you have two, alternate blinking green lights. If so, an aftermarket tach like this will work. I'm speaking from experience of mine and a friend's 1078.

Attachments

Juanri23

[QUOTE = "Andyrv6av8r, publicación: 2307304, miembro: 21060"]
Incline la cabina y encienda el motor. Vea si tiene dos luces verdes intermitentes alternas. Si es así, un tacómetro del mercado de accesorios como este funcionará. Hablo de mi experiencia y la de un amigo 1078.
[/CITAR]
Las luces que dices están en el motor o en el alternador, no las veo de todos modos.
Tilt your cab and start the engine. See if you have two, alternate blinking green lights. If so, an aftermarket tach like this will work. I'm speaking from experience of mine and a friend's 1078.
The blinking lights are on the engine or on the alternator. Anyway i didn't find them. This is the alternator i have.

Attachments

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE = "Andyrv6av8r, publicación: 2307304, miembro: 21060"]
Incline la cabina y encienda el motor. Vea si tiene dos luces verdes intermitentes alternas. Si es así, un tacómetro del mercado de accesorios como este funcionará. Hablo de mi experiencia y la de un amigo 1078.
[/CITAR]
Las luces que dices están en el motor o en el alternador, no las veo de todos modos.

The blinking lights are on the engine or on the alternator. Anyway i didn't find them. This is the alternator i have.
The indicator lights are on the voltage regulator on the alternator. Yours may have a different regulator which, in my experience, won't drive an aftermarket tach.

Juanri23

The indicator lights are on the voltage regulator on the alternator. Yours may have a different regulator which, in my experience, won't drive an aftermarket tach.
So you think I can only assemble the standard one that comes with the hmvee connections? So I I must have somewhere the connector for the tachometer not? And if not, where I connect it, Will I have to install a tachometer sensor? What do you recommend?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you think I can only assemble the standard one that comes with the hmvee connections? So I I must have somewhere the connector for the tachometer not? And if not, where I connect it, Will I have to install a tachometer sensor? What do you recommend?
I can't help you there with the hmmwv tach. Maybe someone with more knowledge on them will chime in. I know my friend is running his hmmwv tach off of the alternator that I described. You may be able to drive it off of the speed sensor on the bellhousing. That is where the factory tach is driven from.

Juanri23

METROThank you very much I will inform when I solve it, is that here in Spain there is little information and pieces of lmtv, I have looked on the Internet but I do not find the tachometer of the m1078, I only find the one from hmmwv. Where can I find it to ask for send it to me?

Last edited:

coachgeo

[QUOTE = "Andyrv6av8r, publicación: 2307519, miembro: 21060"]
No puedo ayudarte con el tacómetro hmmwv. Tal vez alguien con más conocimiento sobre ellos intervenga. Sé que mi amigo está usando su tacómetro hmmwv con el alternador que describí. Es posible que pueda sacarlo del sensor de velocidad en el campanario. De ahí es de donde se maneja el tacómetro de fábrica.
[/CITAR]
METROThank you very much I will inform when I solve it, is that here in Spain there is little information and pieces of lmtv, I have looked on the Internet but I do not find the tachometer of the m1078, I only find the one from hmmwv. Where can I find it to ask for send it to me?
do you have the technical manuals for these trucks. they are all on this board.... very first forum

Juanri23

View attachment 699634View attachment 699635

My regulator is a n3030. I note that some of the other posts with regard to tapping the regulator for a signal, used a different regulator. It only has two posts and one military style connector on the front. Do I still use the the white post?
I have the same regulator and a 76761-n1506-1 I also want to ride the tach, did you get to ride it properly? Where did you connect it at the end? A detailed solution would be great
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks