• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Upgrades

kenet3621

New breather installed... one of the cheapest parts I have put on my truck ($13)....

IMAG2483.jpg

The old patched cap goes into the spare parts box for one of "just in case" situations.

Feal318000

curiosity question- is the breather serviceable, or problematic? do they plug up? or is it a part that generally isn't bothered with?

kenet3621

From what I have been told there is no maintenance of the breather. It is not a problem unless it is busted like mine was. I think you statement "isn't bothered with" is accurate.

buffalorunner

I am ready to extend my breather "down stream" a little. Hoping to have it dump out mid frame instead of right on top of my front axle. Should help keep that area a little cleaner and make it easier to identify any potential leaks.

buffalorunner

I managed to get the winch off a scrapped MRAP with the mounting plate, and the plate fits between the frame rails of the LMTV. Going to pull the bumper and use the mounting holes in frame that the tow points use, add a heavy duty angle bracket to each side of the frame that will allow me to use the plate and still have the tow points. Definitely will have to cut the bumper a little (maybe a lot) for clearance. Its most important to me to mount the winch where it is useable and wont interfere with cab tilt or decrease my approach angle. I also want to retain the tow points. I will most certainly post pictures once work begins on this. The only thing that will be very different will be the location of the front gladhands, I will be moving these to on side of truck (if necessary).

DCLund

I decided to go with an electric winch and as many mounting options as possible. I put receivers on the front and rear so far. I'm looking for ideas for swivel mounts on the helo slings.
To the collectors and other purists, I'm sorry I'm cutting up a perfectly good military vehicle.
IMG_2224.JPGIMG_2216.JPGIMG_2220.JPGIMG_2217.JPG

Another Ahab

I decided to go with an electric winch and as many mounting options as possible. I put receivers on the front and rear so far. I'm looking for ideas for swivel mounts on the helo slings.
To the collectors and other purists, I'm sorry I'm cutting up a perfectly good military vehicle.
It's your vehicle. If it works for you then you got to figure that it's all good.

What's with the bondo on the front panel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks