• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisian SS rally.. june 26th -- 28th

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
were getting geared up.... lets start a list as to what and who is bringing what in the way of food items.. the main BBQ of chicken , hamburgers, hot dogs is what im providing. anything else is welcome . some are coming in on friday to set up some tents with most coming on sat. and some leaving sat evening an some leaving sunday... so let the list begin please.... dont forget to bring something to drink, sleep in or on( i have a covered duece bed, and 2 covered 105s and one 101 that someone can sleep in) something to sit on..... and everyone that wants to sell/swap items we are encouraging all to bring what ever you dont want or want to sell. wrecker is on site and can lift all heavy stuff. any guys wanting to leave items for someone else to pick up later is ok. i have plenty of room. kids and wifes are also welcome. i am asking the local vet organizations to come and see the trucks . so far it looks like we might have over 20 trucks show up. my home number is 986 386 0540 and address is 41085 holland Road Ponchatoula 70454 i dont live far from interstate 12 or 55 hope to see many there. im also checking on some Tshirts maybe saying first SS rally of la? any sugestions are asked

littlebob

I work about a block from SAM's club in Baton Rouge. Count me in for hamburger and hot dog buns when we get a head count, I can pick them up after work Friday.

gumboo

Hey.
Thanks for the invite.
I'm scheduled to work days that weekend, but may make a pass to check out the vehicles when I get off.
I see you're road is located right past Lake Julu.
I almost bought that log cabin across hwy 22 from Julu a long time ago before setteling for a house behind the Winn Dixie.

Sure miss Ponchatoula.

wehring

George and Justin are in.

George and I are in. Have not decided if we are bringing one or two bobbers yet but we will be there.

I have two 25x25 tents for a commons area so rain or shine we can gather. I can also bring a BBQ pit.

This is Texas so put us down for some dead cow. We will bring the hamburger meat and plenty of Dr Pepper. With that said, I look forward to some good 'ole Cajun food too!

Justin
979 997 3112

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like I will be able to make it. (So far). I can whip up some tater salad......

Will be bringing the George (the deuce), the wife and young one, a strong back to help out whomever needs it and my guitar.....

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
getting a price worked up for some Tshirts looks like they would be around 13 to 15 bucks. ill get a firm price on say 50 . any sugestions as to what they should say. they would be green of course.. haha :-D

bryan70546

well If i have my truck by then , I might just meet up with some of the guys coming from texas and just convoy with them .My only problem is i dont think my truck will be registered by the time the rally is .Or I just just drive my pick up.But that would be no fun.:cry:

littlebob

well If i have my truck by then , I might just meet up with some of the guys coming from texas and just convoy with them .My only problem is i dont think my truck will be registered by the time the rally is .Or I just just drive my pick up.But that would be no fun.:cry:
I've had mine for three years and can only know see getting it on the road this year with other obligations and money constraints. I dont think driving an MV to the event is a requirement..

mattgw86

I would hope not... I don't have a truck yet. The F250 will have to do for now. I can't wait to check out some of yalls rigs though.

frodobaggins

getting a price worked up for some Tshirts looks like they would be around 13 to 15 bucks. ill get a firm price on say 50 . any sugestions as to what they should say. they would be green of course.. haha :-D
Just make sure it has the stuff on the back not the front. Maybe just a little
something on the front where a pocket would be.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, had a brain fart today..... If there is any interest, I can bring my DJ gear and provide music!

(Am working on an idea for the shirt logo.... should have an idea for you soon!)

Oh, and regardless of what it says, count me in for a minimum of 2.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
1. I like # 4 on the tee shirts (if allowed)..prolly need 10 shirts (pay up front if needed)
er...need 5... 2XL, 3... 4XL and 2 medium.
2. I LOVE red beans and rice!!...bring a bunch...stay down wind!!
3. Who cares if ya have an MV or not? Just show up and play with other fellers MV's!!
4. I like the DJ idea...love cajun and bluegrass music (any Doug Kershaw?)
5. Are bears allowed to poop in the woods?:roll:

littlebob

Just make sure it has the stuff on the back not the front. Maybe just a little
something on the front where a pocket would be.
How much time to get a number out to the t-shirt people? I know the one we use for our unit shirts can be days, weeks or months depending on how good or bad business is. I think we also need to also get some confirmations on attendance so we can have the shirts and food figuired out in the next week or so, so everyyone providing something can prepare. I also think the prepay on shirts would be a good idea. I don't want to see Tim on the hook for $750 worth of shirts. If Tim has a PayPal account this should be pretty easy. Count us in for a XL and Small adult. for me and the male child.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks