• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air pressure buzzer is dead.

Westech

CPL
so I still get paid $0.00 a year lol. Cant take anyting away from someone who does not have anything.
Really I dont like the buzzer, not if it was a "love me tender" clicker that would be cool... s.o.a.b. JC whitney sells them.... F yeah thats what I going to do. Thanks DH for the Elvis Pic.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that what the TM says? I doubt it.

Common sense or experience, or, a look at the schematics would tell you that the buzzer always has power (with the ignition on), and the ground is made by the pressure sensing switch.

Your description sounds to me like your pressure switch went bad. BUT, that's just a guess. YOU need to test the key components of that system, either yourself, or by reading and following the TM troubleshooting procedure.

Last edited:

33duce

Hi, I have similar problem. I have a Type A air buzzer. It is on fire wall to right of steering column bracket. It is not electronic. It is at the end of an air line. It will buzz/make a racket when air pressure is low. I have taken it apart and found a bad diaphragm. It has a tear in it. If there is a rebuild kit or a place to get another one ,or even a part # that someone may have I would appreciate it. I have 120 psi. Low pressure is not the problem as far as I can tell. I do not want to do away with it.

steelandcanvas

Hi, I have similar problem. I have a Type A air buzzer. It is on fire wall to right of steering column bracket. It is not electronic. It is at the end of an air line. It will buzz/make a racket when air pressure is low. I have taken it apart and found a bad diaphragm. It has a tear in it. If there is a rebuild kit or a place to get another one ,or even a part # that someone may have I would appreciate it. I have 120 psi. Low pressure is not the problem as far as I can tell. I do not want to do away with it.
Check that popular internet auction site, or if your not into originality, find a 28 volt DC buzzer or Sonalert and replace with that. You may want to try some of our vendors also.

quickfarms

It is illegal to remove, disable or have an inoperative low air buzzer. This is a very important federally required safety device. This is an out of service condition that can result in your vehicle being impounded.

Even if you are not operating commercially you can be pulled over for an inspection.

fasttruck

The applicable regulation, I believe, requires a low air audilbe or light. Many trucks have both. It is a required item and if does not work you will probably be invited to have a seat in someone's police car and discuss what this will cost you. . .

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M35A3 dash in my M35A2, so I have the buzzer and a light. I have had one buzzer go bad on me and I want to drill out the rivets and take the cover off it to see what it looks like on the inside. I am picturing just a set of breaker points, similar how a horn works. I would be willing to bet, that it is a broken solder joint or something making them not work. If I get the time someday, I will take mine apart and see about fixing it. I would say most of the time, things can be fixed... It just takes time for troubleshooting. For example, my turn signal switch quit working so I took it apart and found a bad solder joint. I re-flowed the solder and it was fixed! Better than new in my opinion! :)

chestypuller1371

what is the pressure the gauge should be reading on the dash? i have heard no buzzer but i have just got this 68 deuce. where is the mechanical air switch that activates thebuzzer located at? is it on the air tanks?

daytonatrbo

what is the pressure the gauge should be reading on the dash? i have heard no buzzer but i have just got this 68 deuce. where is the mechanical air switch that activates thebuzzer located at? is it on the air tanks?
I believe the pressure switch is on the firewall (inside) immediately to the right of the steering column. Or you can go to the buzzer (which is a bit further to the right, about center of the firewall) and trace the wire back.

I recently disconnected my buzzer in favor of a red LED pilot light on the dash.

steelandcanvas

Have you downloaded the Operator's TM for you Deuce yet? They are free, click on the top of the page under Technical Manuals. The TM's will answer a lot of questions for you.

Jeepsinker

I unplugged mine so I could hear other things for diagnosis, and just for generally having the power switch on without running the truck and not being driven to madness.

quickfarms

The requirements of the drop flag, light, buzzer or multiple have changed over the years.

The end result is you are required to keep all the items the vehicle was built with operational or the vehicle is out of service.

On my civilian trucks they have both the buzzer and a red light.

The enforcement is the dot wants to hear the buzzer operating at the correct pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks