• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lube trailer

jasonjc

Will I got my lue trailer hauled home yesterday. The lot at Jefferson MO is a NG base and the guys there were will good about helping with load out. I'd rate them A++. Got the runaround tring to call GL, but that is a hole other story.

Back to the trailer. All the major pices/parts are there but all the small stuff/lose stuff is gone. It seems to have been in service as late as '06 per some packages that were in it.The batts are dead tring to charge them now. Put some air in the tank and the pumps seemed to work or at lest tried to work. I need to find th eTM for the eng on the compresor. It's the mil std 4 banger. The fule tank is long gone , it looks like they had been useing a 5 gal can, it has the mount and can adapter but no can. And yes here are some pic's so you all can get your OD fix for the day. :p

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That'll be handy to have with your fleet :) That's some strange looking camo though. It looks like it got parked on the wrong side of the tracks one night. So, with 5 different hose reels, what fluids will you put in the tanks besides 80w90 and 15w40? Will it dispense grease too?

jasonjc

Two hose are grease, 1 air, 1eng oil, and 1 grear oil.The tank hold 27 gal ea per the TM (yes ace I've read the tm, befor I got the trailer). The camo is faded 4 color plus some "extars" I think I can make out a smily face on on side.It came from th NG maybe they were doing some late night training :p

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's cool! :beer:

Thanks for the fix :p

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Cool trailer Jason! I'm sure you will find it handy.

If anybody parts one of these out - I need a fender.

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I really need one of those. Jason, which 4 banger, 4A032 or 4A084? Manuals for both are in the TM section.

jasonjc

The 4A032 I looked but did not see them. Maybe the TM number refranced in the lube unit TM was wrong. I will look thought the TM again. Some eles got one from the same sale, and it looked like they had some more. Just don't know if they were going to sale or if they had all ready sold?

jasonjc

The TM for the lube trailer says that the TM for the eng is TM5-2805-203-14 and -24P I can't find them in the TM sec. Is this the right number for a 4A032??

jasonjc

Thats why I chould not find them. I did see that on the bottom it say that the 262-14 surper sceeds the 203-14. That explains why the other TM refranced the 203-14.

That you Fleet Admiral Recovry4X4 you are the god of all thing OD :p

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm picking up a lube trailer this Saturday from Jack as well, he knew I was looking for one and bought it from GSA. It's supposed to be complete, I haven't seen it yet. I've been actively looking for one for about a year. I'll post pics Saturday night.

Jason, did you find the TM on LOGSA? Is there an M# for the unit?

jasonjc

There is no "M"# as for the TM's It all depends on the model, There are 3-4. 1 TM is in the TM sec not shure which one it for. If it an ENG-3 It takes TM5-4930-217-14& 24P , if it an ENGR-3A it take TM5-4930-218-14 &24P. Both of these are on LOGSA plus a 3rd one. The ENG's are made by Elliott Machine works. Hope this helps. The post above yours is for the TM for the eng on the air compressor.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does help, thanks. I'll be able to determine the model number Saturday. I assume the model number is on the data plate?

I Like yours, most of the ones I've seen still have the 4 color MERDC on them. I 'm hoping mine is in 4 color as well.

I believe these are a great way to store and dispense the lubricants. Any idea what the scfm is on the compressor? And what the max opperating psi is?

I'm not sure, but I don't see many of these in collectors hands, does anyone else out there have one? If so, please post pics and tell us about it.

jasonjc

It depend on the unit the older ones were 23cfm 175psi the newwer ones are 15cfm 175psi. I think I will be repainting my 3 color NATO. the paint that is on it now is a mix of MERDC and what ever they flet like puting on it.
Maybe some one needs to do a wright up on these.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That'll look nice in 3 Color NATO. 23 or 15 scfm is fine with me. I need to be able to turn my 1" impact (Harbor Freight Special :D ). I like that 175 psi as well. I'll be curious to hear your report on how loud they are after you get it fired up.

Maybe you can find one for parts for that fuel tank, I'll keep my eyes open for you as well. Actually, I may know where to find that for ya.

jasonjc

The encloser is all aluimum and pop rivted. Most of the rivets are looses, so they need to be replaced. After I get that fix, I thought about haveing the inside sprayed with that bed liner stuff. I think that would help deaden the sound and keep from haveing that tin ccan sound. the hole shell lifts right right off with removing 4 bolts from the top,so it will be easy to fix and have sprayed if I go that route. I have the 1"HF special too ,it does not need much air it just needs a big hose 1/2". I use mine alot and don't know what I do with out it. I hope to get it running this weekend. I back filled it with air from the shop and the pump seem to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks