• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lube trailer

rmgill

KaiserM109 said:
I am planning to take an M105 I bought that was stripped down and make a trailer to pull behind my 1 ton PU. I would like to lower the deck which is why I was interested in seeing the underside. We might try to duplicate what they have done.
What you want is one that's already lowered. An M514 trailer has a much lower deck and real torsion bar axles. 1 ton cargo capacity too.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....showimages&fid=114&page=1&template=thumbnails

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well the sale is over in Portsmouth and I won one of them that looks to be in good shape.

Anyone else cash in for these mine closed at $408.00 lot #2231

The GL pictures are wierd they will not resize even when you tell Window Resizer to do it they stay about a meg each

jasonjc

RE: Picture of my win

I saved 40-50 pic of the one there and they are all about 26k. Most had all the lights and breaks striped off of them. But that still seems like a good price.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Armyman30+ sent me these pics, he was having some issues with them..... so here is his lube trailer he won today.

Looks darned good to me, I'd have bought it.... congrats brother.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Clint:
Wow we have the best folks on this site! I am hoping the air compressor works and would like to know if any other Steel Soldiers won any of the 30 that were up for auction.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can anyone tell me what the minimum hight of the pintal hitch would be? It looks like the if I tried to tow this with my Suburban the trailer might bottom out. It is too hard to tell from pictures and I am just planning on how to move it when I get home.

Thanks

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Joseph:
They had so many of them I decided to set a max bid and put it in on one if it got out bid I went to another that looked to be in good shape i.e. recent rebuild or build date. The fact that there were a lot of them has paid off for me before and it did this time too. I am hoping the compressor works as a gas driven one has been on my wish list for along time. I know you will like the M127 I really like having mine hooked up the the M 52 it just looks right. Some of these went for around $200 just because sheet metal or a tire was listed as damaged or flat. Last time I bid on a big lot like this I got my M105 for $100.00 with bows and two tarps.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I picked up David's Lube Trailer the day after he paid for it. It might bottom out if you pull it with anything lower than my 2500 with the raised pintle, I was worried about it myself. The bottom edge was only about 8 inchs off the ground. Also, the pintle on these things are HEAVY. When I unhitched it, I had to use a jack and jack stands and let it down about 10in at a time. I still need to move it into the back yard, that will be a pain! Thought about just throwing some Christmas lights on it and leaving it out front for the holidays... :cookoo:

The lights and brake MC and air tank were gone, and most of the bolts were gone too. I didn't find out until I got home the whole box was only held on the trailer by 2 bolts!!

Inside someone stuffed a brand new air tank and MC, and all the tanks and pumps were there. All the drain plugs were missing, as was the fuel filler and cap. All in all, I wish I hadn't forgot about the auction, aua I wish I had gotten one. Having David's here to drool over doesn't help any. :drool:

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Adam:
Thanks for the great assistance you provided. I would certainly be out of luck being in Korea but I had put a minimum bid that I wanted to pay on it and won it. I figured that the gasoline driven air compressors are worth more than I paid for it and the recent rebuild gave me that idea that it probably has not seen much service since then. I wouldn't doubt that the lights show up on Ebay or some sale since all of the trailers looked to be missing them.

This project is such an amazing view of just what an awesome group of folks are on this site! Adam and his Dad are the best and I am very grateful for his helping me pick this up.

I am planning on picking it up as soon as I get a trip home, and with Adams assistance I know about towing it and that I will need to bring a bag of nuts and bolts too.

Thanks again Adam you are the best.

God bless

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know the reliability of the gasoline engines on these. I found the manual on LOGSA and it says six horsepower but it has four cylnders and I have not started or run one of these although it looks like the engine on the old 5KW gensets. If you have run one can you let me know the key points on it and how reliable they are?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4A032 engine. With electric start, a joy to have. Rope start, not as fun. Sounds like a VW running and runs good. Got to keep em oiled well or they will spit rods. I love mine on my 3KW genset. Was even thinking about using one for a pressure cleaner. 6HP fooey! More like 15. BTW, they use them in ultralite aircraft.

jasonjc

the fuel is running out the exhaust on one side. I think the carb needs going thought. It also had a set of coils(?) laying on the trailer. Some one said that one side does not go up like is marked on the coil. Maybe one got put in upside down? Have not had time to look at it to close. Plus being in side the encloser its hard to get to. I need to take the top of the trailer off when I have some time , too get a better look see.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
These engines come with both points and electronic ignition what does yours have and if it was rebuilt in the 90's do you think they upgraded the ignition to breakerless?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, David wanted me to post pics of my M38a1 towing his lube oil trailer. I use that jeep as a yard goat all the time, best $400 I ever spent! Also, notice that the fruitcake camo is being replaced slowly by rattle can USMC OD. The clutch in this thing must be really good, of course if I keep pulling stuff like this it won't last much longer!

Hmmm.. I go from towing a M101 to a M105 to a lube trailer with it. Next I'll try a M127! :lol:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks