• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lube trailer

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam, the neighbors must love you. Not so much your own stuff but all the stuff we have you collecting up for us too.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah,
I'm the favorite of the neighborhood. Here's a shot of some of what I have shoe horned into my back yard. You can see why I use the jeep, no why I'm backing a trailer in through all that with my 2500 long bed extended cab! :shock:

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Adam:
10,000 Thanks I know the driveway at home is waiting for this and will relive your yard and wife I just have to get a flight home and a day the wife doesn't have pegged for me fixing things or going to visit someone. I will most likely head down some night and arrive early morning so I can be back by just after lunch. I am not sure of the date yet but if my Father in law passes on I will be flying home and spending about two weeks leave to cover the funeral and then will have a day to come pick the trailer up. My side driveway is stacked up with all our stuff and I will have to weave the trailer around everything. I am told by my daughter that most of them do not start now thanks to my boys being out running around or at college.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lube Trailer still 7,000 miles from me

Wow what a great bunch of folks on this site.

Adam 10,000 thanks for the great help you provided for me. I am sure that GL is in error on the DML issue on these since the DLA site clearly shows it as a Code "A" no demil required so here are the pictures Adam took making the delivery to my boys and in exchange he was able to pick up my dolly to use in his move.

Thanks again to Adam for making this possible and for taking these pictures

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Adam:
I am glad you made it up and back safely just don't try to pick up the semi with the Jeep I bet it could haul it in low range but the speed would be snail paced

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I pulled a stalled semi truck and trailer with my CJ3B as a teenager the driver could not belive it as he was stuck on the side of the road in a bad place and he just needed to move a couple hundred yards to be safer.

I am quite sure all my emails will resolve the Lube trailer issue as it was not a nuclear lube unit nor was it a key component in any critical national defense system.

Still showing up in FEDLOG as DML Code "A" Meaning no demilling is required

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you have a lube trailer will you please let me know and post a comment on any communication you have received? I still have not heard from GL or DLA on this and the status of the Demil code has not changed in any of the systems.

I just do not want to give this up without a fight at least and appreicate the support of others who own one.

halftrack

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
If you have a lube trailer will you please let me know and post a comment on any communication you have received? I still have not heard from GL or DLA on this and the status of the Demil code has not changed in any of the systems.

I just do not want to give this up without a fight at least and appreicate the support of others who own one.
Bought one a few years back from GL and never heard a thing about it. I definitely would not give it back, even if they could see it in my backyard.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah David,
Noah seemed a little bummed out, first thing he asked was if we were trading trailers... he seemed to perk up when I told him I was just borrowing it.

jasonjc

I have one and I just seen one on GL for sale. I got mine a few weeks before you did David. Mine is a little older than yours. Looks a little diferant too. But no recall yet. I was going too clean it up and repaint but I'm putting that on hold. No free overhauls here.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Jason:
I filed a Demill challenge form thats to David Doyle :D I also have due ins from DLA and GL on this it just is crazy and I hope to find that their is still some common sense in government in places other than the Army.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good new Guys! :D

GL sent me an apology thanks to all of you who supported me on this David Doyle in particular. I highly recommend that you take immediate action on any issue like this. Since it seems that an error could wind up creating alot of legal issues for us if not parried with vigor.

Revision Letter

Please disregard the previous e-mail notice that you have received (see below). It was in error. Please accept our apology. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No action necessary. Sincerely, Migrations Dept

January 31, 2008

david.frankenhauser@us.army.mil

David Frankenhauser

To Whom It May Concern:

In Sale 3119, you were the successful bidder for Lot 2231, Invoice Number 336556. Since the close of that sale we have been notified by the Government that the demilitarization code for a DTID in this lot, has changed to DEMIL ‘D’, thus we’d like to inform you of the action required by you.

Description: LUBRICATING AND SER

Quantity: 1

NSN: 4930009354451

DTID: W913KD71720010

Because demilitarization code ‘D’ items require total destruction of the item and components so as to preclude restoration or repair to a usable condition, we would like to make arrangements for you to return the above DTID to the nearest Government Liquidation site. If you still have this item please contact Government Liquidation within 19 working days to coordinate the return of this property. Once the property is returned to a Site Manager with a copy of this letter, and the site manager signs and provides a copy to your representative showing he/she has received the DTID a credit invoice will be created.

"If you no longer have the property, please acknowledge the statement below and fax to: (480) 609-1538, Attention: Migrations. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone at (480) 367-1300, fax (480) 609-1538 or e-mail info@govliquidation.com"

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks