• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Brake Shoes and Differential Seals

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it is a locker when engaged. There is no slip when it is engaged. That is why so many become broken. Thank you. I hope it all works out for you. Be Safe. Glad I could assist. Straight 80/90 works. its all I ever use. I change gear oil annually.
Thanks, I'll return it then.

In case anyone ever searches for this info I changed the thread title.

Thanks to all the help it wasn't really a tough job at all- just unfamiliar territory.

I used the vacuum pump to pull the old gear oil out through the fill hole. I figured the pump pulled most of it out but when I pulled the cover off I got two or three drops at most. I love that thing!

The C-clips had to be rotated around the axle a bit to line the opening up, which I did with a pick, then used a magnet to coax them out. I was going to leave the non-leaking seal in place- I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie and not disturb something that doesn't need disturbing, but since all the hard work was already done I went ahead and pulled that axle and replaced the seal.

Attached a pic with the bolt part number and the cover gasket part number.
VacDiff.jpg
VacDiffa.jpg
VacDiff2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks