• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Brake Shoes and Differential Seals

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it is a locker when engaged. There is no slip when it is engaged. That is why so many become broken. Thank you. I hope it all works out for you. Be Safe. Glad I could assist. Straight 80/90 works. its all I ever use. I change gear oil annually.
Thanks, I'll return it then.

In case anyone ever searches for this info I changed the thread title.

Thanks to all the help it wasn't really a tough job at all- just unfamiliar territory.

I used the vacuum pump to pull the old gear oil out through the fill hole. I figured the pump pulled most of it out but when I pulled the cover off I got two or three drops at most. I love that thing!

The C-clips had to be rotated around the axle a bit to line the opening up, which I did with a pick, then used a magnet to coax them out. I was going to leave the non-leaking seal in place- I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie and not disturb something that doesn't need disturbing, but since all the hard work was already done I went ahead and pulled that axle and replaced the seal.

Attached a pic with the bolt part number and the cover gasket part number.
VacDiff.jpg
VacDiffa.jpg
VacDiff2.jpg