• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 nc

O.D. Fever

Welcome and congrats. I am looking for one to rebuid for my wife to use as a postal truck. She love green stuff and says all the other carriers will be GREEN with envy.:smile:

mistaken1

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on the score. Nice truck.

At the top of the page are the links to the CUCV Wiki and the old site that has the manuals for these trucks. Download them if you have not already done so.

Buy a big padlock for that chain and keep it locked on the steering wheel when not in use. Anyone can get a CUCV key off ebay for a few bucks.

67_C-30

Yea, my wife doesn't get it either. I've even tried the "You can't buy a truck with a diesel that is a tough as one of these for a reasonable price" angle.

It truly is a disease though, I laughed at you guys at first when I heard that, but nope........ it's true. I've had my M1009 for about 2 months, and this week I just sold my 2008 Subaru WRX, and took the equity from that and bought an M35A3 which I pick up on Monday. She thinks I've truly lost it now...... Even though I explained how the WRX cost me $600/month in payments and insurance. I finally told her to STFU and not to complain unless I sell her car.

The money, the noise, the size, the age....... none of it really matters to them in the end........ the camo is what baffles them. We all know they have issues with logic, but CARC must REALLY block a certain spectrum of female vision. :-D

Nice truck!

Mike
Someone backed into her SUV, and we had to have the rear door fixed and repainted, and she had to drive the M1009 for a couple of days because its the only other thing big enough to take the kids to daycare and school. She complained, moaned, and groaned, but on 3 different occasions people came up to her and made comments about it. There is not another one in our (that I know of) and people are constantly asking about it. She drove it to the Supermarket and the store manager and bag boy was in the parking lot looking at it when came out. She they were flipping out that it was diesel. 95% of the people out there don't realize that GM ever put diesels in Blazers, although they are not uncommon, even with civilian models. She finally said "Well, you're right - a lot of people really seem to like it - for some reason!" ;)

OddballJ

Thanks everyone! I had to leave it at home when I went back to school for finals, and I've missed it since the day I left. It's a rather unhealthy distraction from my studies, that's for sure.
Less than a week after I got back to school it dumped snow on us for 3 days, the temperature dropped to a high of 15 degrees, and I've been attempting to drive my dodge stratus with bald tires around town. It's been so bad in areas that I've had a hard time getting going on the flats =P
6 more days and I'll be home and my money can start flying out of my pocket and into this cucv. I can hardly wait :D
on my Christmas To Do list: Finish changing the fluids, try to figure out why I have no power (someone suggested bad injectors?) It's not underivable but most of my research seems to indicate that a top speed of 25mph on a 6-8% grade is unusually slow. I would also like to swap out glow plugs and consider some sort of manual over ride, change the rear brakes to discs, and maybe (hopefully!) attempt to put a sm465 4speed in there! My mother would love for me to put some sound insulation in there to save my precious ears at some point, and I should really fix the one or two rust spots and consider a re-paint. Any suggestions other than camo or OD? I'm afraid it's just going to be too hot in the NC heat without any A/C.
probability of finishing my to do list: minimal
probability of being broke by the time school starts: Highly probable.
Fun? you betcha!
Thanks again everyone :)