• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 roof rack

l1a1man

Anyone put one on their M1009? Can you post some pics of the interior and exterior mounts? Thanks

l1a1man

I just ordered a basket. Need a rack or posts for it. It is 45X50X5. I plan on putting the spare tire, two gas cans on their back, two water cans on their back in it. My hi-lift on one side and my ax and shovel on the other. Don't think I will need more than 1 or 2 inches of clearence.

Last edited:

CDN-CUCV

Ok, had to take a pic...

Picked this rack up today for next to nothing. All steel, expanded metal basket floor, built like a masonary outhouse. It's resting on my 'custom' 2 x 4" spruce mounts for now until I fab up some sill plate mounts for between the top and the box.

Attachments

Last edited:

acmunro

Darn now I want one for my M1009. It looks like one could use brackets on the outside of the body like the military ant. brackets. Looks good.

CDN-CUCV

I started on restoring the rack today, did some sanding and wire-wheeling with the grinder. Tomorrow, I'm going to finish that and do a little welding for the new CB antenna mount and the front basket. I'm extending the rack about 24' over the cab and the installing lights and a remote Golite spotlight.

It's sure going to be nice to free up some interior space!

I'm not using the antenna brackets to support it, I'm going to fab proper rails for between the top and box. I want to keep the function of them and later( when I can get three more) antenna guards for the brackets.

If anyone is interested, I do have the mounts to install a roof-top basket like a Thule. They're four brackets with rubber gaskets and and they bolt through the top.

zoo

good start ,great ideas .I would like to have a roof rack on my 1009 .
OK, who's the fabricator round here?

ChevyFan1207

Sweet! :!:

Where did you find that from?

ok, had to take a pic...

Picked this rack up today for next to nothing. All steel, expanded metal basket floor, built like a masonary outhouse. It's resting on my 'custom' 2 x 4" spruce mounts for now until i fab up some sill plate mounts for between the top and the box.

Scarecrow1

Those look nice I like the way the weight is carried on the sides and not the top of the roof ... The roof racks are more stream lined but don't have the ability to carry much weight ... A friend of mine learned not to put much on his after the roof caved in when we hit a good sized bump in the dirt road we were on . We had to lay on the seat and push the roof back up with our feet :razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks