• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 starting problems

cucvrus

Easy cruise. I am about 65 miles from you. Get on PA 72 north and go thru Lebanon to Jonestown. Let me know. I will PM my cell number. I have a few rebuilt injection pumps in stock and Autozone is just up the road a bit. Keep in touch.

REDWOLF

Well truck would not start this evening. Broke down at work. Acts like the batteries went dead. Just load tested them Saturday they were fine. Uhg.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you pulled the starter out and checked the cables for corrosion, fraying, or loose connections? If you haven't, disconnect the battery cables before climbing under your truck.

REDWOLF

Anyone have the part numbers handy for the gear reduction starter 24volt, truck still broke down at work. Not sure what eles to do. Going to get her hald home in the next day or so hopfuly.

cucvrus

Do you have a gear reduction on now? If not stick to the direct drive. The direct drive takes a lot more cranking and pounding then the gear reduction. Not to mention most of the gear reductions I have seen lately are Chinese imports. Besides you will need the support bracket or cut up one of the rare direct drive brackets to fit. It's your choice. It is a holiday weekend. I have rebuilt ones to exchange either way. If you get in a bind let me know. I have good locally remanufactured starters and alternators to get you by. Or you may opt for the HMMWV starter on your CUCV. It fits up there. I looked at it and thought about using a CUCV starter on the HMMWV. What valid point do they have for such a heavy starter on the HMMWV? 2 men to change a starter. Unreal. Good Luck.

REDWOLF

I have a gear reduction on it now. But I have both brackets so I can go either way. We'll let you know. Have to see how the money is. Pay is next week. Thanks for all the help. If o can get it ruining again I will be up the next weekend I am off.

REDWOLF

Hope to get the starter on before Saturday the 23 and get this thing up to your place cucvrus that Saturday if you are available to help me with her.

cucvrus

I plan on being here this weekend. I think I can fix a CUCV. I am sure I can fix a CUCV. I have just about everything here to fix one including a rebuilt injection pump. Is it still 24 Volt? PA 72 North thru Lebanon to Jonestown. About 1.5 hours from Conowingo.

REDWOLF

I would not be able to come up until the 23rd. That's my next Saturday off. Hope to have the replacement starter in by then.

MILLMAN37

I'm having the same problem with my M1028. new fuel tank, new lift pump, new check valve in IP, Changed fuel lines, no leaks. Starts great right after you shut it off wait 30 -40 minutes have to crank it a bunch to get it to start. I can pour a little fuel into the intake and it fires right up. so I know its a fuel problem just not sure what.

REDWOLF

If you figure it out MILlMAN37 before I do let me know. This has now coast me a starter. Been a pain in my but. I will definitely post if i figure it out.

Hasdrubal

Didn't read thru all your posts, but do either you or Miillman37 have the original fuel filter base. The fuel pressure sensor o-ring is a known culprit for this issue.