• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 dump trailer pivot

jesusgatos

Dunno how you're coming up with those numbers, but it sounds like you're talking about static loads and you'd need to multiply that by many times to calculate the strength required to endure the dynamic forces involved (acceleration, braking, etc.). What I'd be concerned about is the domino effect of one failure causing another, and your trailer ending up somewhere you don't want it to be. Maintain that the hardware you're using, in the way you're using it, is not safe. Hope nobody gets hurt.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've mentioned this fact before: there is nothing in the manual saying that this is a "dump" trailer. The fact that it can dump when you pull a couple pins out of the frame/body junction, is part of a design flaw, in my honest opinion. The fact that your arms cracked is evidence that this trailer has been abused many times dumping heavy stuff, doing something it wasn't designed to do.

I feel your fix is good to repair the damage, but I wouldn't continue the practice of dumping stuff out of that trailer. If you need something tipped out quickly, perhaps you should have a dump truck deliver your stuff. Just my opinion.

quickfarms

We've mentioned this fact before: there is nothing in the manual saying that this is a "dump" trailer. The fact that it can dump when you pull a couple pins out of the frame/body junction, is part of a design flaw, in my honest opinion. The fact that your arms cracked is evidence that this trailer has been abused many times dumping heavy stuff, doing something it wasn't designed to do.

I feel your fix is good to repair the damage, but I wouldn't continue the practice of dumping stuff out of that trailer. If you need something tipped out quickly, perhaps you should have a dump truck deliver your stuff. Just my opinion.
The trailer is used as a dumpster on wheels. It has been used as a dump trailer for 16 years. The brackets failed after 14 years of hard use. For years it was at the dump trailer on a weakly basis. The average load was about a ton. With this use the breakage is hardly considered a design flaw but rather wear and tear. I was a the dump so often that the county made me get a dump card and the truck has stickers on it. The addition of the heim joints actually makes the trailer easier to dump. These trailers do make good dump trailers.

If it was not for the repurposing of military vehicles for commercial use a lot of the vehicles that are around now would have been scrapped decades ago.

I just saw a M920 that has been converted to a truck working on the new transmission lines. They actually have a fleet of them. The trucks have been highly modified from there original design.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks