• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 is it a good 18ft camper tow rig?

Keith_J

What are the specifics on the hitch? 1031s came with a fixed hook, limiting the off-road ability. Guess that was a consideration of weight.

Anyhow, I was looking at a Reese hook and ball, looks like it would bolt up to the existing bumper mount bolt pattern. With it, I could pull ball mount trailers and still have pintle hook capacity. Nothing over 3000 pounds.

How about the wiring adapter? All I will need is a 4 wire.

jets1959

I put a receiver hitch on mine. It is the same one for a 1984 one ton chevy four wheel drive. They had to cut out the bottom of the U channel for the shackle brackets to get it to fit. The wiring harness is just a standard trailer harness with the power connection to a block on the fire wall instead of the battery. Hope this answers your question, if not feel free to ask more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks