• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 + S-805 custom trailer

jtron79

Well I'm finally starting this build thread even though i'm hopefully half way through the build process.

I had a wrecked m105a1 and i recently won a s-805 shelter, so i figured why not make a camper. This will mostly be towed by my 3/4 truck, but I'd like to keep the capability to tow with the duce.

Attachments

srodocker

Hands are healing up great. maybe start full duty work in a month. Using a trailer long heavy duty trailer frame that my buddy had. then using a m200 springpack and axle setup. then putting a deuce bed and building a wooden camper in the back with a over hang on the front. and a with some 395s to match teh truck. you bringing your camper to the convoy/rally this year?

jtron79

havn't decided. I'd really like to but i'm getting hitched first part of July and not sure if the convoy is gonna fit the schedule.

jtron79

No toy selling! She has helped with every recovery ive done. Hopefully ill have some more progress pics tonight. I ordered paint from a local supplier monday and its supposed to be ready this afternoon. They said they deal with federal standard colors all the time so we will see how it comes out.

jtron79

What is inside of the s-805? That generator should put out plenty of kw!
normally mobile radio repeater, according to the data plate. Mine came stripped of everything. Doesnt even have the control panel for the generator, building one will be in the next phase.

jtron79

Ultimatly I want to get a surge system from an a3 or modify one to work in the same way. Until then the air brakes function fine when itll be behind the deuce and ill see weight wise where im at with my 3/4 ton. Im guessing it will handle fine without them, but if safety dictates so ill hurry the brake component along.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks