• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 + S-805 custom trailer

jtron79

Paint!

Got some paint shot. not sure how close the color is to 383 green, looked a little OD to me, but went on well and will protect from rust, gotta keep the project moving forward. medic5050 will be down this weekend and the box WILL be mounted!

Attachments

jtron79

you have a layout for the inside already?
No not really itll be pretty simple. I know im going to add some tool boxes on the outsides to form wheel wells. And my bed will probly be a pull out job on the generator tunnel. Maybe some roof top storage as well. Been more worried about getting it to the point i can mount the box and get that off my truck, its amazing how sick you get of (blank stare) "whats that for?"

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Can you post some interior pics of the box? I have one that isn't skinned and I'm not sure if I want to use it or scrap it.

jtron79

Can you post some interior pics of the box? I have one that isn't skinned and I'm not sure if I want to use it or scrap it.
Isnt skinned on the inside? Can you post some pics of that? Id love to build my own inside with plywood. Ill put some pics of the inside up this weekend after i get the box mounted to the frame

jtron79

Didn't get a whole lot done tonight, got even less pics of the progress. I got some 12v tail lights mounted and some wires ran. not sure what to do for deuce compatibility, I'd honestly rather have military lights but sourcing the lights and the harness isn't possible right now. I mounted the jack and got the tongue off the blocks. the tires on my jack are pneumatic but i have some solid rubber on order.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Why are you going back to solid? I have no experience with any mil. trailers, although I know the tongue weight is too heavy for a person to lift, but why are pneumatics so bad? I was under the impression you had changed it to that, and I thought, that even with more maintenance of keeping them aired up, they might roll nicer...and look good too.

jtron79

jtron why dont you run the led rear lights Westech has the tan ones for 20 a peice plus shipping. and you can paint them a certain color.
I saw those and wow what a deal! I wanted to get a set for my truck, will they run 12v as well?

Danger i am worried about a point of failure there. Im sure if a tire went flat i could still jack the tonue up and down and do what i need but id rather design out flaws from the get go. If they were more than the $7 theyre costing me i would probly just roll with the tubed tires.

jtron79

Got the box installed on the frame, did lots of work not alot of time to elaborate so i'll say it with pictures. Thanks medic5050 for all the help.

Attachments

jtron79

the last picture is a receiver tube. two of them will bolt to the back of the frame and will be the start of my hitch hauler/porch/entry

Attachments

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

That looks awesome! Can we see another pic of the whole interior? What do you plan to put in it? In other words, how will it be laid out? Job well done jtron![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]