• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 + S-805 custom trailer

jtron79

I have got some done but as much as I need to. I've been having problems with my bandsaw and that's been hampering my progress. Thanks again for the lights clepto. I got them mounted and you'll see them in my upcoming photos. I have to get my rear stairs done and a bed in place by next weekend. I'm hoping for a memorial day shakedown campout.

quickfarms

Nice little lincoln welder in the pictures

which model is it?

The mep 903's are nice units

I am also building a control panel for them

You can get it started with 3 switches

jtron79

ever notice when you work on projects you always have something looming over your head and never enough time to get done what you need to? thats been my theme of late. im trying to get basic systems ready for memorial day campout. hoping to give it a shakedown and see how we would like the insides setup for comfort. im really close on my deadline and hopefully i'll be systems go by friday morning. clepto thanks for the lights, i did a small led mod and got them working! i would start the genny with three switches if it wasn't for no fuel tank or batteries, i'll get heavy into that soon enough. i got my boarding ladder done and fully intended a cleaner install by hanging it under the cargo carrier. while looking at mounting options i held it up to the ladder carrier and low and behold it was like i built it to fit. what a strike of luck, and it works really well there. The welder is a Weldpak 155. I run flux because im outside mostly with it, it's a dirtier weld but also run hotter than gas.

Attachments

jtron79

Looking good! I guess you put an led conversion bulb in the housing?
when i get time i'll get a picture of exactly what i did. I replaced the upper light assembly with a whole led board from a cheap light, it actually worked really well and as you can see they're pretty bright.

jtron79

Rolled out the camper with basic internals, cut a piece of plywood and layed it across the generator tunnel to serve as a bed, some 2x material for support and it was solid. Gave us a good idea how we would like the internals to be layed out in the future, everything worked great except for not having purchased a heater! The propane lantern kept the edge off the cold but heat is next on the install list.

my heart was with everyone who has sacrificed for this country, I hope everyone had a safe memorial day.

Attachments