• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 "Pandora" Build | 2024-??? | ***Picture Heavy***

Ronmar

I used the included gasket.

in place of the existing hand pump… Hmmm… Well the existing hand pump is sealed, and the way the valving in the control valve works, it will send all the fluid back toward the hand pump until it develops enough pressure in the sealed reservoir to overcome a 5psi check-valve to start allowing fluid to flow toward the Air/hydraulic pump(First pic). With a vented plug it will eventually overflow… so first step will be replacing the vented filler with a plug. You have to do something with it anyway as the vented plug points straight up and will collect water if the pump is installed out in the weather.

being sealed, the OEM hand pump will actually draw fluid from the AOP reservoir as it does not contain enough fluid in its tiny reservoir to fully lift the cab. I do not know if this pump will pull a vacuum past the control valve on the return side to draw fluid from the AOP reservoir while you are pumping, as the original does. Not a screaming big deal as the hand pump reservoir contains enough fluid to lift the cab, but if it is sealed, all the fluid may not return as the air gap it will create on top by not pulling fluid while pumping, will eventually pressurize and force fluid back to the AOP. So eventually the hand pump reservoir will empty…

if you are just doing the 2 circuits, cab and tire crane, you could do away with the AOP and manifold entirely and use the hand pump and a selector valve to shift between cab and tire functions(second pic). Then a 2 position 3 way air valve for cab suspension control and you are in buisness…

IMG_3992.jpeg

IMG_3292.png

InvictusDecretum

I used the included gasket.

in place of the existing hand pump… Hmmm… Well the existing hand pump is sealed, and the way the valving in the control valve works, it will send all the fluid back toward the hand pump until it develops enough pressure in the sealed reservoir to overcome a 5psi check-valve to start allowing fluid to flow toward the Air/hydraulic pump(First pic). With a vented plug it will eventually overflow… so first step will be replacing the vented filler with a plug. You have to do something with it anyway as the vented plug points straight up and will collect water if the pump is installed out in the weather.

being sealed, the OEM hand pump will actually draw fluid from the AOP reservoir as it does not contain enough fluid in its tiny reservoir to fully lift the cab. I do not know if this pump will pull a vacuum past the control valve on the return side to draw fluid from the AOP reservoir while you are pumping, as the original does. Not a screaming big deal as the hand pump reservoir contains enough fluid to lift the cab, but if it is sealed, all the fluid may not return as the air gap it will create on top by not pulling fluid while pumping, will eventually pressurize and force fluid back to the AOP. So eventually the hand pump reservoir will empty…

if you are just doing the 2 circuits, cab and tire crane, you could do away with the AOP and manifold entirely and use the hand pump and a selector valve to shift between cab and tire functions(second pic). Then a 2 position 3 way air valve for cab suspension control and you are in buisness…

View attachment 933006

View attachment 933013
I think I have everything ordered from Surplus and the MetroSelect from Amazon. Your list in this thread post was quite helpful. I'll reply to that with what I actually end up using for sure as well as post it here.

Looks like it might fit in a laser cut/CNC bent bracket replacing the manifold depending on if I can get a good seal on a 90* 4BSPP. There's 1/8"+ clearance between the bed and manifold with these slightly oversized ears. It would have been great to fit the deeper reservoir where the manifold was but unfortunately the handle would stick up too far.

I think I'd like to design a hood over the top of it to keep the weather off and mount the MetroSelect below it. Put a 90* before the vent, or maybe a short hose going beneath the bed + vent.

As always, thank you for your expertise !

20241006_173109 export.jpg

It does fit in the original location decently enough, since I'm not keeping that lift arm, but I'd rather put it where the manifold is.

20241006_160815 export.jpg20241006_160818 export.jpg20241006_160828 export.jpg20241006_160836 export.jpg

Ronmar

The 90 deg BSPP4-JIC4 adapters make it a pretty compact package. I think it is narrower than the mount tabs, even with the flow control mounted on one side…
found my BSPP leak:) ever miss the old oil filter seal stuck to the filter boss and put on a new filter and seal on top of it:) one of the old BSPP-NPT adapters left behind an aluminum washer and I didn’t catch it. It kept the lock nut on the new fitting from properly compressing the o-ring seal into the groove. Knocked it off and re-installed, No leaks now, just degreaser cleaning off the residue…

you can see the vented filler in the back and how vulnerable it is…

IMG_3993.jpeg