• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

zout

No doubt Ray's unit and workmanship is top notch and a lot of it off the wall thinking and making it look perfect. Its a pleasure to see the RV pull into the Rally in Oct to see what new else he has thought of.

SteelWarrior

Wow! - Just finished reading through the whole thread (took me 3 days) - Great work Ray! If you don't mind a question: what is your finish carpentry experience? Ive done quite a bit of this kind of work but rarely on such an elegant scale. Appreciate all of your ingenuity and time sharing these posts with all of us. What is the wall material in the shower - vinyl tile? Keep up the good work!!

RAYZER

Thanks steelwarrior!
I never thought this thread would get to 660 + posts!
Been doing trim carpentry periodically for 10 years now, had to learn how when I started hardwood floor installations.
The material on the shower walls and bathroom floor is Armstrong commercial sheet vinal, it's very flexible and about 1/8th" thick, i used contact cement to apply on the shower walls, on the floor it's just lightly glued around the perimeter.

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sa-Weet Ray!! Now, no matter what time of day, morning or evening, you will have shade. (well, if you park in a N to S orientation! LOL) Thanks for sharing!

God bless,
Tony

RAYZER

All of the m146 threads up right now makes me want to throw mine out there, so here ya go!
Designing and fabricating a quick deployment ladder storage rack, this ladder will be used when spending the night in a truck stop parking lot or when underway and need to get in quick, this ladder will also be used for window and backdoor access.
I had a Steel ladder pined up under where this one is but switched to an aluminum one and the whole setup had to be changed, my main ladder is too wide ( 24" ) to fit in this space so it will be hung on the back door outside.
Should have this all together and painted by next weekend!
uploadfromtaptalk1403463449352.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403463471158.jpg
What is this??
uploadfromtaptalk1403463519545.jpg

Last edited:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a folding foot loop on the front of that box? In case you have to climb up under it

Now on Camoyj7's it would make sense.

RAYZER

Found a leather "lazyboy" recliner in the trash!
Riding through the neighborhood the other day and passed it by on the curb, decided to turn around to take a look, the guy was out front, said he was moving and he would help me load it up!
Wasn't dirty, didn't stink, has no tares, this chair is an 8 out of 10 and resides in the Taj now!
uploadfromtaptalk1403480809487.jpg

RAYZER

Readying the "Taj" for the Georgia Rally!
Repainted the insides of the front and rear doors.
Working on the latching system for the quick deployment ladder compartment!
uploadfromtaptalk1404128384504.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404128405815.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404128423675.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks