M220 winch

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

M221Jimmy

Hello everybody!!!

I just picked up a winch for one of my GMCs. I had plans of putting it on my M220 but after looking at the tm...it doesn't list a weight for M220 w/winch. Does anybody know if the the M220 every came with a winch.
I don't have any issue putting it on my M221 if they didn't in the interest of keeping it close to original.

USMC 00-08

I can't find any reference to the M220 having a winch in any of the TMs. There are some pictures on Google of a winch on an M220, but they are newer photos.

If you put the winch on your M220, I doubt anyone would say anything about it being incorrect.

Is that your truck in your avatar? If so, I'd love to see more pictures of it!

M221Jimmy

Thank you for the reply...i am still debating which way to go.

Yes that is one of my trucks in the avatar thing. I don't have very much on my phone in the line of photos but I'll try to remember to get some off the computer.

That truck went thru a 3 month mechanical and cosmetic reatoration to make it in time for the MVPA transcontinental convoy last year...ps it sat for 20+ years before the decision was made to get it done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks