• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275A2 and M447C for sale

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You might try Craigslist as well-you can post pics and ads for free-I have had good luck with CL. A lot cheaper than eGay.

Good luck!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I listed a M416 trailer on eGay in 2005, it didn't get my reserve, and I still have to pay the almost $100 in fees to try and sell it. I won't sell an MV on eGay again. People go to eBay for a deal, not to pay a fair market price. So, if you want to sell an MV, eBay is not the best route to go to get closer to your asking price.

Try this guy - very fair and sells a lot of stuff. No cost to you, he just charges a commission on top of your asking price:

www.armyjeeps.net

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ditto to all of Maddawg's comments.

Last time I ran one of my mopars on eGreed it was about $75 and it didn't sell.

citizensoldier

Yes ebay has gone down hill in the last couple years.. I used to be able to list a trailer for around $14 with a good amount of pictures. Then they changed the rules so you could only list trailers under motor vehicles so you had to pay the higher fee like it was a truck.. On top of this they raised the fees accross the board! :cookoo: Last time I ran one it was $50 bucks!! And it didnt sell. If you have to run one twice you loose most if not all of your proffit on most things. It is no longer a good deal to sell things on epay.. Even buying is getting to be to much because of rising shipping prices.
Time for some more things like CL..
Man I wish I was closer Kenny.. I would be down test driving that tractor... Darn I need some money!!!!!!!Whoever gets it will have a nice truck..

papercu

blame

I wouldn't put all the blame on ebay (that's not to say they aren't greedy but what company isn't?), they raised the prices on the cars and trucks and higher value items because the sellers was taking advantage of the system, once a vehicle got close or above the seller price they just closed the auction and did a private sale so not to pay the final fees.
Last I checked it was 40.00 to list and another 40.00 (nonrefundable) once it received the first bid or met the reserve.
FYI An ad for a car in the Atlanta paper costs from 25.00 (online only) to 79.00 (online and print) and I'll bet it doesn't get anywhere close to the coverage that ebay gets. Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: CL

I'm thinking it might be worth the money to list it once and get the exposure. I was hoping it would go to someone here but either way it needs to go so I can get my next victim.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Kenny:
I agree with Bjorn I didn't think you would sell the tractor either. Need more room or just thinning out the motorpool? I think you have a fair price for the tractor and trailer. I am quite sure someone will want it but you have to decide on how long you want to list it. I just got an offer on a house we have been trying to sell for almost a year. All the utilities and maintainance on the house ate up some profit making me want more for it, but alas I had to settle for the offer that came close and we hope to close later this month. Good luck on it, if all fails maybe the sherrifs office would want it for a mobile command post.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

It's a trade off. I want another truck and this one will pay for it. If I could keep it I would but thats not an option. Its a great running truck for sure and I'm confident it will sell (eventually).

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a heck of a deal. I know the truck since I owned it previously...it is a really strong runner. I would have thought you could get almost what you are asking for the tractor alone. I'll spread the word, Kenny!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bruce. I've been having problems with the transfer case popping into neutral upon pushing in the clutch. Not wanting to sell a lemon, I changed that today. Shes good to go.