• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Crew Cab #2 with rear steer

PS: If your neighbors ever complain about your MVs sir, I would be honored to have you as my neighbor. 'Course you'd get tired real quick of answering questions. I sure could use some of your talent with this vehicle I am building from two 7-ton fronts, a Detroit 8-V 92TA, and a wife getting ready to call the men in the white suits - again.
You'd think they would take the phone off the hook by now.

swirvin21

Great build, made my wife say that she wanted one with an extended cab....thanks.:doh:

I thought about it some and believe doing an extended cab wouldn't be too insane. Move the fuel tank behind the cab and extend the rear wall about 3' and create a bench seat on top of the fuel tank. Of course it sounds easy typing.

srodocker

this old guy that owns the scrapyard i go through has a m275 with a 25gal diesel tank where the pass seat goes all the way to the driver seat...aua he said he needed extra fuel...

SamM

Just thinking out loud here but...

My thought on the crewcab modification is to completely remove the stock cab just behind the windscreen and build a boxed cab section that could be welded in. This way, I could make a much stronger roof, add some protection for the occupants, use the roof as a platform or to mount a rack and haul gear on. Maybe an occupant safety cage isn't needed but... it couldn't hurt! Keeping the dash stock looking but upgrading the creature comforts would be a priority. I'd need to have the rear tires covered to keep it legal where I live. The trailer bed looks great but I don't think I can get away with that here. Maybe! If I could, the trailer bed on the truck and a matching trailer is killer looking! Chances are I'd need to fab a new bed. A slide-in shelter on the truck could be used as a camper. The trailer will haul gear, toys, tires and fuel. Roof mounted HVAC units add to the passenger's comfort. I need one of these! Probably without the rear steering though.

Why did I have to join this site? :cookoo:

SamM

Attachments

swirvin21

I love the work you did on the crew cab, but I want to keep it "mostly" stock looking and don't believe in spending a lot of $$$ on those who ride in the back! If you are in the back seat, it's because some more important is taking up the front 2! The only things my back seat is designed for is dogs and gear, so a big fold flat bench is perfect!

You essentially just described a perfect deuce for me. An extended cab truck with rear bench, creature comforts (not sure how a roof mounted AC would look??)

The slide in bed camper would be ideal as well, though my plans were to convert a 105.

How about a stubby slide in camper to convert to seat for 6! Just make an oversized opening in the back of the cab.

How much would knocking off the rear steer option drop the price?

Alex400

incredible piece of work my friend. Almost willing to call that a work of art. it is pretty much everything you could possibly ask for in a bobbed deuce. 4 doors. nice seats, big tires, tight turning radius. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
The only thing that i would want is some kind of splitter or a 10 speed. then it would be perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks