• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Deuce fix it

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
NLOYY
Truck has NLOYY painted on inside passanger door
Anybody know what that means?
Can anyone direct me to vehical identification threads

Last edited:

jaxsof

That is where your registration number went after they went with the camo paint. If it differs from the first part of your serial number, then that door has probably been changed.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
A guy walks up to a doctor and says, "doc, it hurts when I do this".

Doc says, "don't do that".

Thats how much info you gave us.

stb64

Your door must have been changed, as NL means 5ton.
Also, the reg number is incomplete, it should have 6 digits.
2-1/2 ton truck reg numbers start with NK.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
M35A2 fix it repairs

OK OK
Strange but just got an iPhone, M35A2, and a thread on the
SS websight all at the same time.

I thank you all for your help.
I have repaired the information seen from zip to location
still learning how to spell
Just found that I have a 5 ton starboard door on my Deuce
I'll be fixing a 42 year old Deuce.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a deuce with a new master cylender with a dead pressure switch on it. More than that the pressure switch wiring male two prong plug that goesintah the pressure switch has been cut off and it is GONE.
Please! can any of you ALL direct me to where I can get the male plug so when the pressure switch gets here then I can attach it up the correct way.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
14000 pound lawn ornament 07312012

the question is....... Did I reattach the hoses to the secondary fuel fileters incorrectely? I just need verbal...written...or a picture of instructions as to what fuel hose goes where to the secondary filters.

I bought a truck and it was delievered, while awiating Florida state to come up with the tag. This truck ALWAYS started on the first crank and did so many many times while I moved it about the yard thinkin of when I could put Her on the road.

SO being the idiot I decided to change the lube oil and met NO problems. Piece of cake and no leaks....gave myself an attaboy.

I bought a new brake pressure switch for the stoplights and rigged everything proper so repeated brake bleeds would be NO problem.
She started and ran every time.

While waiting for the brake light switch I decided to change out the fuel filters. The gaskets supplied gave the dilema of there was no way any one anywhere could fit in the secondary gaskets with the casting in place so I removed it and cleaned everything and made a perfect fit and replaced the cans and then the entire setup. It was 94 in the shade but She is in the SUN.

Before the secondary filter changeout was the last time She ran.

I determined that the fuel system was so tight, that She would run (before I messed with anything) without a functioning lift pump in the tank but as soon as I drained the filters and renewed them I killed Her. Sans suction pressure, no distolic so to speak.

So... now I find that the normal everyday run of the mill, [yeah they made millions of them], intank fuel pump 585 is no longer available.

OK, So I order up a reasonable replacement from a Bradley which will fit and I designed a bypass for and got the new correct hose and etc. and etc.

So today I pressurized the fuel tank {portable 12VDC car tire pump} after plugging up everything but the goeoutah line and and got good flow thru all the filters vents and drains. I got liquid fuel without bubbles out of the secondary vent with no bubbles.

OK
She won't start
Did the idiot cross the lines at the inlet side of the secondary filters?

Would somebody Please send to me a picture of what the forward side of the secondary filters where the two lines are attached and help me trace back to where they are supoosed to go!?

The General wants pictures or else I am useless.
So I try to do that now ...............................................................

So I search everywhere to NOT find the answer to the predicament.
Gettin anxious here with no time to check spelling.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
and to get around the MAX

I would like a picture of the two fuel lines attached to the forward side of the secondary filters as they can easily be attached WRONG. And here I thought everything on a Deuce was iron and stell and copper.
Hey, I was wrong.

Which comes from where??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks