• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Recovery in So-Cal

Loco_Hosa

This is my first recovery, and although the truck is only 70 miles away, I was wondering if anyone has a military tow bar I could barrow. I live in Riverside, and a forum member has already offered they may be able to come with in their M109A3. I have a complete lack of tools here in southern cali though, all my tools are in Tacoma, Wa.

The plan was come down to Cali for the summer break on my motorcycle, and return to Tacoma in the fall with the bike in the back of my Deuce. The problem is that my roommate here in Riverside just got robbed, and they took all the tools. I dont want to miss out on this deal though, so I am going for it. Any forum support would be amazing.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovery of a Deuce is a big deal, if things don't go right. Its a big lump, if you have to leave it along the road somewhere. You don't give many details, of what your up to. But having "everything" you need for the recovery, is important. Sometimes having a commercial transporter is important, when your not well set up to recover it yourself. Good Luck

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get with 100dollarman. Maybe he can help out. He delivers trucks on a trailer.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just down the road and have a towbar, but I can't do it on Monday morning. If you want to borrow the towbar, shoot me a PM. If you run into trouble I have an awesome set of tools (just like Spicoli's dad) and can help you out after about 1300 Monday.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in (pending jury duty) but I wasn't planning on driving the M109A3, was going to bring the tools, etc in my POV. If need be I could get the M109A3 to tow you, but would rather save the $150+ on gas if I can and I still need a new oil presure sending unit before I'm comfortable heading out in it unless it is an emergency.

A real good checkout of the truck will let us know where we stand and if a drive off recovery should be attempted or if 100dollarman should throw it on a trailer and deliver it for you.​

Loco_Hosa

I just Emailed Mark (100dollarman) to inquire about towing it for me. What a fantastic suggestion.

I failed to mention in the original post, I am buying it from 100DollarMan, who has been very punctual and helpful so far.

Thank you everyone for your help/offers of help!

Last edited:

Loco_Hosa

Mark said that to deliver it 70 miles would be $500, so I dont think I will be doing that. However, he has said he will hold it for me till Monday, so now I have no problem posting up the pictures and more information about the truck :D

It was modified for the Indiana Jones movie apparently, and he is selling it to me for only $2500. Its running, but it needs cleaned up, the exhaust is cut off under the fender, and he described the interior as rough. Mark said he hasn't done too much checking over it, which is part of why its $2500. I guess Ill know more on monday, and hopefully it can make the short trip back to Riverside.

Attachments

JDToumanian

I know where Mark got that deuce! ....And I know where the other trucks from Indiana Jones are.... The ones that survived, anyway. The one that was wrecked contributed a flywheel and some other small pieces to my deuce before it was scrapped. I also enjoyed punching my fists through it's windows, I looked really hard core... they were made of stunt glass, you can crumble it in your hand.

FWIW, G&M Towing and Recovery in Hesperia made a round trip to Riverside and back to recover my deuce with a Landoll trailer, 63 miles each way for $350 total..... Granted, that was 2006.

Jon

Last edited: