M35a2 Super Singles Difference & Installation

Hummer Guy

I'm curious as to what I'll need to mount super singles on my deuce and what difference will I expect? I heard some people get better speed out of these, but what about steering? Also, what will I need to mount these? Will these fit directly on? I would like to just replace all 10 of my wheels/tires. Does anyone know where I can get these that's already mounted to the wheels?

HDN

Also mind your tire selection's speed rating. Some tires like the Michelin XML and XZL are limited to 55 mph. I think the Goodyears have a higher speed rating.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Also mind your tire selection's speed rating. Some tires like the Michelin XML and XZL are limited to 55 mph. I think the Goodyears have a higher speed rating.
Limited to 55 at max capacity. semi tires are only rated to 68 and look at the higher speeds they drive over 68

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 395's (actually 15.5's) came on 50-50 offset wheels, probably from a M1076 trailer. The advantage to this is this offset means you don't have to worry about your steering hitting the tires.

I have a full set for sale (dirt cheap), with adapter plates but shipping would be steep to LA.

I don't think you need hydraulic steering, once the truck is moving at any speed you can turn the wheel - I have a tight driveway, in a city, on a one-way street, getting in/out was a pain but far from impossible. If you plan on parallel parking the truck I could see the advantage though, or if you off road a lot. It is heavier to turn, I really noticed that when I switched back to dualies.

While my XL's are rated at 55, I frequently drove them around 60 and, maybe 65 downhill with a tailwind. My thoughts on this are that I wasn't carrying a load and most safety ratings in the US have a margin of error. As for your speed, well, a 46" tire is 15% bigger than a 40" tire, so you can go 15% faster. This is a bit simplistic because nothing is exact, but you should be able to do 60 with the 46" tires, though it might take you a while to get to that speed as long as you're not going up hill.

Oh, and I flipped the castor shim. That really seemed to take the edge off of highway driving with the bigger tires. Before it seemed like I was always fighting to keep the truck in its lane. If you don't hardly do much highway driving, I wouldn't worry about this - it's really noticeable at higher speeds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks