• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 work starts

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We sent it out to JB's Auto Machine in Baltimore. They take the block and heads and do a total rebuild. We've gotten a few engines done there.

Home

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been remiss in my updates. We've gotten loads accomplished, but not much that makes for good pictures. The engine is due back tomorrow, and we're going to get on the reinstall right away. My father rebuilt the transfer case and transmission, but I don't have any pics. I'll have to ask if he took any. I'll grab some this afternoon when we get the work started. It's going to be tight, but we're hoping to be done for Aberdeen. As long as nothing gets in the way, we should just make it. {fingers crossed}

In the meantime, I have some shots of the front wiring harness that we installed: :beer:

Attachments

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few more of the transfer case when we took it out and in various stages of clean up; the transfer case reinstalled after rebuild; welding on the windshield frame lip for the soft top.

:beer:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks a lot better, Jim. You're on the final sprint to Aberdeen, you gave it a better home than I could at the time....

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Mike. It's been a ton of work, but it's really coming together nice! We just got the engine back and the rush starts tomorrow!

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was the way it came from the rebuild shop. We moved the lifting eye back where it belongs since the pictures were taken, and the oil filter bracket is still on the oil filter in the box.

Capt.Marion

All of the head bolts go into the water jacket on a T245 block. They will leak coolant if the threads are left unsealed.
Good to know. Does the extra lubrication on the threads of the thread sealant affect the torque values at all?

Reason I'm asking is that when we put ours back together, we were cautioned not to put anything on the threads as it would interfere with the torque values when torquing the head bolts down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks