• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1...finally

I was looking at the Pics of your truck form the GL link. What you should do is confirm that the drive line is in place! I could'nt telll from the pics. Your trucks front lifting shackles are not in place which means it may have been tow barred. These trucks (as you may know)
need the driveline removed, or axles pulled, or be towed from the rear with the wheels suspended, to be towed for any distance more than a mile or two (the distance is my under standing). It would be a good bet to check on it. Also it looks like the cab clearance lights,
the cat walk deck plate(s), and the trailer brake air supply lines are also missing.

Bighurt

I was looking at the Pics of your truck form the GL link. What you should do is confirm that the drive line is in place! I could'nt telll from the pics. Your trucks front lifting shackles are not in place which means it may have been tow barred. These trucks (as you may know)
need the driveline removed, or axles pulled, or be towed from the rear with the wheels suspended, to be towed for any distance more than a mile or two (the distance is my under standing). It would be a good bet to check on it. Also it looks like the cab clearance lights,
the cat walk deck plate(s), and the trailer brake air supply lines are also missing.
I'll ask, I do need to call to varify VIN. I have read the tow procedures, I just assumed (bad move) that they were still connected.

I did see the trailer mast was missing however the pintle connections are in place so I'll probably just need some plugs.

I couldn't tell if the clearance lights where missing or not but with everything else missing makes sense. Wasn't really concerned with the catwalk but if I have parts coming in from a part truck it makes sense.

Thanks

Anybody have pprt# on the clearance lights.

3dAngus

Be sure to double check the drive shaft for bends or breaks.

I don't think I would tow that big rig 100 feet on community paved road without brakes. It's going to either push you right through the first stop sign, or melt down your brakes on your truck. And use emergency chains in case something goes wrong.

What size pins are those on the front bumper? Is that a 1" toweye or a 1 1/2"?

BTW,,,, Good luck! Nice buy!

Bighurt

Be sure to double check the drive shaft for bends or breaks.

I don't think I would tow that big rig 100 feet on community paved road without brakes. It's going to either push you right through the first stop sign, or melt down your brakes on your truck. And use emergency chains in case something goes wrong.

What size pins are those on the front bumper? Is that a 1" toweye or a 1 1/2"?

BTW,,,, Good luck! Nice buy!
Thanks.

Believe me it's a last resort if I can't find a willing tow truck...

I'm going to call the on site mechanic tomorrow and see if I can get more info out of him. Maybe he'll actually let me work on the truck in the yard, or his yard. We both have the same boss right...

Bighurt

Ok here is the NSN and part # NSN 2920-00-304-3493 and Part Number MS53011-1.
Thanks

Unfortunately I can't find a cross to a civilian part number that works. I'm going to call the company who still produces the part and see if they can help me out.

I did go to NAPA and check with them, they found a wilson starter for a NTC series engine. WIL 91014159 Anybody know if that's correct?

Anybody have any other ideas or better luck let me know.

I did find a new one at Oshkosh equipment but it's way spendy...

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Found detail pics of some of the lights. The front turn signal i believe is a signal stat 4820 which serves as both the turn signal and gthe front parking light. Same attached to fender with two studs and has a plug on the bottom for the wiring harness in the fender. Rear lights have stop, turn and back up function. Plugs into harness on chassis and a NAPA license plate bracket bolts right in behind it for the license plate which is then lite by a lense in the bottom of the tail light. detail of front shows headlight lantern out. if this is missing any commercial truck with two headlights in the junk yard might may yeild the parts. This is not the same as the 24 v lantern found in a tactical vehicle.
Reading through he -20 there is a lamp body I'll need for the front lights. H6024 is the bulb but I'll need the lamp body and ring to mount the bulb.

Is there a part number on the lamp body?

Also the starter uses a spacer, three bolts and three lock-washers. I couldn't get a hold of anyone at Cullman today, I'm betting those are missing as well.

I can probably find bolts if I can get the thread count and length in the -34 however that spacer... Anybody have suggestions?

R Racing

I saw a new starter on E bay for upper 3s . Someone on here said the starter for the duece was the same as the 5 ton but it just needed re indexing. If I have time tomorrow I'll see if there is a spacer or not if there is I might be able to fab you 1 up.and find you a bolt size. I have a spare new starter that I can use as a template.

Bighurt

I saw a new starter on E bay for upper 3s . Someone on here said the starter for the duece was the same as the 5 ton but it just needed re indexing. If I have time tomorrow I'll see if there is a spacer or not if there is I might be able to fab you 1 up.and find you a bolt size. I have a spare new starter that I can use as a template.
The 400 and 250 use the same starter, if the Duece does to I'm golden as I have one here...

Appreciate the offer let me check the MS number on the M35 starter.

Makes sense to all have the same starter. I bet the spacers are different though...

Military discount at NAPA is less than 300...

Bighurt

Although I haven't recieved my email yet I noticed on my GL page custermer notified under EUC status.

That was quick 14 days...

Now I got a finish getting the parts together and head south.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeremy that is REALLY FAST I am headed to Ellsworth next week with a friend to retrieve his Deuce and I believe that EUC took almost 70 days! You have the magic Jeremy I am looking forward to seeing this one to say the least!
KK

Bighurt

Jeremy that is REALLY FAST I am headed to Ellsworth next week with a friend to retrieve his Deuce and I believe that EUC took almost 70 days! You have the magic Jeremy I am looking forward to seeing this one to say the least!
KK
It was only 9 actual work days...LOL

I think it had something to do with my clearance, but nobody ever knows for sure.

EUC #2 submitted today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks