• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 to MRAP / HET build thread

Jeep Nasty

So I replaced all the air lines while I had easy access to them. I built a custom bracket and welded it in that will be the pivot point for the subframe. I got the subframe started. I need to plan out airbags and brackets. Once I get some of the rungs in on the ladder frame, I can get the new cab on to mount and space it then it will be time to frame the skeleton of the MRAP body.

IMG_4968.jpgIMG_4991.jpgIMG_4990.jpgIMG_4989.jpgIMG_4979.jpgIMG_4978.jpgIMG_4977.jpgIMG_4970.jpgIMG_4969.jpgIMG_4992.jpg

Jeep Nasty

IMG_5543.jpgIMG_5542.jpgIMG_5541.jpgIMG_5545.jpgIMG_5546.jpgIMG_5547.jpg

Sub-frame is complete, air bag mounts are done and air bags installed, track bar bracket is built, floor is laying on the deck (has to be notched for the upright supports. We are now going vertical. If I can find some free time, this part of the skeleton should go up pretty fast. Then I order the steel for the walls and get the wiring harness figures our and get the truck running, then plumb in all the airlines.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris will there be some sort of "centering" bar (like a panhard) in the rear of the bed? Any side-to-side movement could put enormous strain on the front hinge.

Jeep Nasty

Chris will there be some sort of "centering" bar (like a panhard) in the rear of the bed? Any side-to-side movement could put enormous strain on the front hinge.
Yes there is a large track bar to prevent side to side movement.

it's mounted off of one of the frame supports to the subframe I don't think I took any pictures of before I put the floor down.

Here are a couple pictures of the mounts for the track bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks