• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 receiver/hitch assembly

rigsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oklahoma hitch build

I'm pretty proud of this one,
some 1" and some 1/2" and my pattern torch machine
and some nice mig multi pass filet welds.
.IMG_0404.jpg

rigsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the side shot and back, yeah, I'm hoping it wild hold.....:driver:
extra bonus, I figured out is there is enough room between the pintle and the receiver to mount my license plate.
Pretty nice that it's removable so I could swap it out if I needed to.
i should have it on this weekend and I will load some final pics.
IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0406.JPG

tow2gunner

just had this installed on mine. hauled a 28ft enclosed trailer 150 miles... got better milage with trailer on!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

TacticalDoc

I'm finally getting around to getting one for my M923. I don't want to grind off the cross bar rivets and I want it to sit a little lower. So, I'm going to go for the Draw-Tite 41947. Then I'm going to add a drop of 10 inches like this https://www.amazon.com/CURT-45112-C...F8&qid=1506728336&sr=1-61&keywords=drop+hitch

I'll be towing either a 16ft enclosed trailer or 24ft enclosed car hauler

I may also go with this.... if it can get me low enough
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SMGAJ6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I figure 10 inches would be low enough....How low do you think I need to go to tow standard enclosed trailers?

Last edited:

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't want to grind off the rivets either, so I just made a spacer to set over them. Post 44.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...Deuce-Thread&p=1844827&viewfull=1#post1844827

My hitch is on a deuce with 11x20 tires, and I used a 6" drop hitch which was perfect for my trailers. What I did to come up with the drop was adjust the jacks on my trailers until they sat level and measured the height from the hitch to the ground. Then measured the height from the ground of the receiver hitch on the truck and calculated accordingly. That way I got it right where it needed to be.

Ford Mechanic

I'm finally getting around to getting one for my M923. I don't want to grind off the cross bar rivets and I want it to sit a little lower. So, I'm going to go for the Draw-Tite 41947. Then I'm going to add a drop of 10 inches like this https://www.amazon.com/CURT-45112-C...F8&qid=1506728336&sr=1-61&keywords=drop+hitch

I'll be towing either a 16ft enclosed trailer or 24ft enclosed car hauler

I may also go with this.... if it can get me low enough
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SMGAJ6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I figure 10 inches would be low enough....How low do you think I need to go to tow standard enclosed trailers?
Hey you did see the weight rating on that first hitch right? Only 5k lbs trailer gvwr. I saw another member pull a camper with his 923 on a drop hitch like that and it bent just behind the ball on his first outing. Just a FYI.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I chose to use a class 5 receiver for my M934. For the difference in price, I have a hitch I don't have to worry about. I use a class 5 drop hitch to achieve the correct height. I set the height to match the ball height on my pickup truck. I posted a couple pictures on this post on 12/27/2016. It shows how I fabricated the mount. I did not have to remove any frame braces or rivets. I did have to move the rear glad hands but that was not hard to do. I am pulling a 32' covered trailer that weighs 13,000 loaded. I added an electric break control to the truck for safety reasons. I have pulled this rig on a few long runs without any issues.

74M35A2

I just grabbed the Curt 15400 on clearance for $122 and free ship from Amazon clearance center (mounting bolts missing), normal lowest online price was $180. Just FYI, great place to look. It just showed up in a search.

Last edited:

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. I bought a class 5 hitch for a Chevy 3500. The frame rail width is exactly the same as my M934. I thought I had some pictures but can’t find them. I’ll go take some and show you what I did. I went with Class 5 because I haul a 32’ covered trailer with my M37 and M151 inside. The trailer weight is about 14,000. I built a converter to conver 24 volt lights to 12 volt. I also added an electric break control. PM me if you want to discuss on the phone.

rigsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is what I did to mine, took some time but turned out nice. So far has held up well. Also gave me a spot to mount my license place. Hope this helps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks