• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 came home with me today!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Dang, I really wish I had a spare $21k so I could give your truck a good home, but I'm digging myself into debt with a home construction project. Well, actually, the digging hasn't quite started... #^%&$! county and their *^%!^$# paperwork and ^&#$%&! bureaucracy... :(

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the support guys. I hope it will go to a SS member too. Less than a handful of SS members know this, but the Mrs. and I are expecting SS Jr. Sept. 1st. There is much to be done before the little guy gets here. Hopefully I'll be able to hold a little cash back to get something else in a little while. I'll need something to bring the wife and baby home from the hospital ;) Maybe something small like a HET.

TheBuggyman

Chris,
Perhaps you could rent the truck out to SS members for say, $500 per month. And after 42 months you would still have your truck..........
We promise to take care of it.................
No off-roading! Never................
I'm sure it will be returned in the same condition as when it left!
rofl

I'm in! ( I'll take the first month! )

nf6x

Feral Engineer
steelsoldiers said:
I'll need something to bring the wife and baby home from the hospital ;) Maybe something small like a HET.
I'm certainly no expert on women, but I suspect that many of them would react negatively to the suggestion that you'll need a HET, PLS, Dragon Wagon, etc. to haul their butt back home. :shock: rofl :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Congrats on the baby! Full circle coming on Chris? With Jr you might need another ten-0-nine.

loslobos11

Congrats Chris!!!Just try to remember if you sell one ya gotta get another...play the safety card. I told my gf the 5 ton was ultra safe...no airbags to hit the baby..the advantage of weight against most vehicles. Side note.... My gf said our yard was looking crowded so I parked the 813 in the woods then told her I got rid of it. She said "Just because you park the ugly truck in the woods and its camo doesnt mean I cant see it" The moral is always always cover your tracks and use camo netting......damn she is wiley.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Kenny! A CUCV may not be out of the question or maybe a Doka Mog :)

Fancy, great story! Don't worry, SS will ride again. It'll just be a little older and less expensive ride, which has its perks too, like cheaper insurance, antique plates, cheaper parts, easier to find parts, etc... ;)

littlebob

I'm addicted and want a M900 series for the same reason I bought the Deuce, having said that I can appreciate the difference in the insurance and parts availability issues. Hope you get what you need for it and find something else soon.
littlebob

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cool thing about Chris' truck is...he has already done all of the work. All that truck needs is a little cosmetics. She sure is a sweet runner! I'll spread the word, too, Chris.

jkelly66

Congrats on the little SS comming. I am late to the news you are looking to part with your 5 ton sorry you need to do that but the reasons are good. Wish you were into old farm Iron and were up for a trade but cash is best in this case ...........fine time for me not to have to much laying around.
Good luck hope you can score that HET soon John

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bjorn and Chris, I may do the Best Offer listing or regular auction on E-bay. I put it on Craig's list tonight. That's how I sold my 404 Unimog.

Thanks for the congrats, John!

Cdub

steelsoldiers said:
I put it on Craig's list tonight. That's how I sold my 404 Unimog.

Thanks for the congrats, John!
List........what list.....I don't have a list...........Hahaha........LOL....

Good luck with the sale...... :D

seya,

Craig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks