• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 CTIS Problem

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck airs up much better if when first started I up the idle to about 1000-1100 rpm. If I do not do that my ctis sometimes goes to all flashing before it is complete. Like said...at an idle there is not enough air to make the system happy. I never start driving my truck until the system is fully charged and I get that first initial blow off, meaning it is done checking and full.

Stellaevil

The sensor in the wet tank is really just a switch. It should close around 115 psi and open back up when it drops to 85 psi. Even if the switch is closing the wire going back to the ECU may be open. Disconnect the switch and short the pins on the harness side, the PCU should start clicking immediately. Possible Issue: Bad Switch, Low Supply Pressure <115, bad wire in the harness.

aziator

Glad this thread is back up near the top, I need to start trouble shooting mine again (never did get it working, I think it is electrical as I have never heard it even do a pressure check).

The other question is it is worth trying to make the system work with HEMTT wheels and 16.00's?? Has anyone rigged up a system to work?

Stellaevil

Glad this thread is back up near the top, I need to start trouble shooting mine again (never did get it working, I think it is electrical as I have never heard it even do a pressure check).

The other question is it is worth trying to make the system work with HEMTT wheels and 16.00's?? Has anyone rigged up a system to work?
The larger wheels will only be a problem during an inflation. If the compressor output is low such as at idle the system may log a slow inflation fault. Just run the engine at high idle or higher.

aziator

The larger wheels will only be a problem during an inflation. If the compressor output is low such as at idle the system may log a slow inflation fault. Just run the engine at high idle or higher.
The plumbing is different as well, or so I am told. It may take a few different fittings or hoses to get it to work.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So here is a new one. Recently I have noticed that the regulator on one tire is actually getting pushed off of the air line coming out of the hub. This tire holds air and has never been an issue. Thoughts? I took it off and put a little lube in the regulator but have not done a re check.
IMG_3723.JPGIMG_3722.JPG

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I decided last night to check them all and then test the manual valve stems. This one tire I have never had an issue with and never needs air, sprayed this goo out of the valve stem. Has no distinct smell. Thought maybe oil and water?? But does not stink.
IMG_3724.JPG

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those seals aren't the greatest and get loose over time, allowing the wheel valve assembly to slide outwards as you've seen. If it comes off like you have shown, it should give you the 5 blinking lights on the CTIS computer.

I think some people have used short pieces of heater hose to replace the seals. I found an idea on here where someone drilled a hole in the shield outboard of the wheel valve and put a back up bolt that hits against the inside of the wheel so that even if the seals get loose, the valves can't get pushed outwards. If you need a picture of it, I can try to remember to take one for you tonight.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those seals aren't the greatest and get loose over time, allowing the wheel valve assembly to slide outwards as you've seen. If it comes off like you have shown, it should give you the 5 blinking lights on the CTIS computer.

I think some people have used short pieces of heater hose to replace the seals. I found an idea on here where someone drilled a hole in the shield outboard of the wheel valve and put a back up bolt that hits against the inside of the wheel so that even if the seals get loose, the valves can't get pushed outwards. If you need a picture of it, I can try to remember to take one for you tonight.
Yes, get the blinkers after this happens. Great idea on the bolt. I have just been disconnecting the ctis box after air up. BUT...that seems to disable the high speed light as well as the governor on the rpm side.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I decided last night to check them all and then test the manual valve stems. This one tire I have never had an issue with and never needs air, sprayed this goo out of the valve stem. Has no distinct smell. Thought maybe oil and water?? But does not stink.
View attachment 768880
That looks for all the world like tire SLIME used on bicycles...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks