• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Delco Style Alternator

74M35A2

Ok
Good advice

sent at you a couple of PMs and haven't heard back. FYI
Worked a 16 hour day today with internet access for less than a total of 60 seconds, just got home. Responding to SS is not priority #1 while at my real job. Apology, but reality.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with the genuine Delco-Remy 100A brushless Alternator.
Also bought the correct factory Cummins Alternator bracket for a clean install.

Almost went with the 130A model he has but was overkill since I'm not running any accessories besides a Garmin Dash Recorder.

The original alternator fried my ABS module plus fuses.
Also a PCB. Maybe my brand new one also.

Expensive repair. Sure it could be worse

Wish I would have done this mod when I first read about it.

Lesson Learned.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run the Delco 130A. They're regulated, so it doesn't hurt to have extra, at least in my eyes :)

View attachment 657169

On the cummins bracket.
Looks great!

The 130A one he offered for sale was a Mitsubishi brand.
Wanted to stay with all USA parts on truck (minus Garmin).
And didn't need all that power.
Great thing......I can add it later if I add extra lights, etc.

Anythings gotta be better than the original one.

74M35A2

The Delco may be made in Mexico, so at least you can claim North American. Mitsubishi has alternator manufacturing in the US, Japan, etc.... Most of the Cummins engine castings occur outside of the US, majority being India and Brazil, etc, but, the oarts are finished and engine assembled in the target market country where they are sold. Over 50% of Cummins product is sold outside of the US. They are truly a genuine global company. Japan quality is on the opposite end of the spectrum as Chinese.

The Delco's I have are on clearance and $100 less than the 130A unit until stock is gone. Only a few left. Yes, even the Chinese Delco clone is way better than the stock alternator. You can close the hood, remove the volt meter, and shut the truck down in any switch order with no over-volt. How it should have been from the beginning.

Don't forget what I am in need of for my boat !!!

I have a buyer that paid and I don't believe I have his ship-to address. Took on a load of orders all at once so did not check specifics. I need to get his sorted out, as it has been 2-3 weeks already now, and it may be my fault, so I feel bad about it. Have emailed and PM'd him. Will refund 10% for the delay, apology.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, No I won't forget.

The Delco unit is awesome.
Alternator and new bracket were very well packaged.
Will have to paint new bracket later. Was too cold and I needed truck fixed asap.
M925A2 was hooked up to my M989A1 and parked in a very inconvenient spot when old alternator fried. Literally.
Didnt want to start truck without new alternator in place.

IMG_5526.jpgIMG_5523.jpg

Wish I did this a long time ago.

Ford Mechanic

The Delco may be made in Mexico, so at least you can claim North American. Mitsubishi has alternator manufacturing in the US, Japan, etc.... Most of the Cummins engine castings occur outside of the US, majority being India and Brazil, etc, but, the oarts are finished and engine assembled in the target market country where they are sold. Over 50% of Cummins product is sold outside of the US. They are truly a genuine global company. Japan quality is on the opposite end of the spectrum as Chinese.

The Delco's I have are on clearance and $100 less than the 130A unit until stock is gone. Only a few left. Yes, even the Chinese Delco clone is way better than the stock alternator. You can close the hood, remove the volt meter, and shut the truck down in any switch order with no over-volt. How it should have been from the beginning.

Don't forget what I am in need of for my boat !!!

I have a buyer that paid and I don't believe I have his ship-to address. Took on a load of orders all at once so did not check specifics. I need to get his sorted out, as it has been 2-3 weeks already now, and it may be my fault, so I feel bad about it. Have emailed and PM'd him. Will refund 10% for the delay, apology.
What's the going rate for your kit?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, No I won't forget.

The Delco unit is awesome.
Alternator and new bracket were very well packaged.
Will have to paint new bracket later. Was too cold and I needed truck fixed asap.
M925A2 was hooked up to my M989A1 and parked in a very inconvenient spot when old alternator fried. Literally.
Didnt want to start truck without new alternator in place.

View attachment 657826View attachment 657827

Wish I did this a long time ago.
Nice!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks